“Yummy Nonya food, good service”

Ivy's Nyonya Cuisine
Ranked #30 of 1,154 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: USD 8 - USD 12
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Closed for a short break from the 27th Octt 2018 ill 30th Oct 2018. Business resume on Wednesday 1st November 2018. Thank you.
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We had lunch for 8 people - ordered set menu for 4 people, and added 2 additional dishes. We are not small eaters :). To me, the portion is decent and the food delicious. Some people at the table find the food over rated, over priced and unauthentic. By the way, this is my 2nd visit and I love it!

Date of visit: August 2018
DragonTan, Manager at Ivy's Nyonya Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Thank you for your kind feedback. It’s indded an honour especially it’s your second visit here at Ivy’s.

Glad you had enjoyed the lunch.

Hope to see you for your 3rd visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Visit with my group of 11 gals for lunch. As it was my first visit, I was pleasantly surprised by the big spread of nonya dishes, some of which I had never tried before.
Loved all the dishes - set course, Assam fish, beef rendang etc etc. only thing I didn’t care for was the meatball soup which was a little bland. Nevertheless there was plenty of other dishes that we ate and devoured quickly.
The food was so good that we even ordered more with Dragon the manager to freeze for us to bring home another day. He was accommodating enough to return to restaurant on a Monday ( closed normally) just to pack our frozen order so we can pick up then . Great service indeed! Thank you Dragon. By the way, my family in SG thoroughly enjoyed the lok bak, beef rendang and chicken kapitan that I brought home!

Date of visit: July 2018
DragonTan, Manager at Ivy's Nyonya Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Hi Katryn,

Thank you for your awesome review.

I am glad your family and you had an enjoyable meal.

Look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards.

Dragon Tan.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Had a dinner for 4 people and the food portion is tiny. Food is so so but definitely over rated and over priced. I will not come back again as there are better alternatives for Nyonya cuisine in Penang. If you dont believe me go and try. The dishes are not small but tiny. Need to order 2 or 3 portion for family of 8.

Date of visit: August 2018
DragonTan, Manager at Ivy's Nyonya Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us your kind feedback. Our customers’ feedback are indeed important for us to better improve ourselves.

However I am unable to comment further as the information you had shared with us are just insufficient for any corrective actions.If you would provide more detail perhaps we could check with our Cctv recordings if it is not too far back dated.

Nevertheless , I humbly respect your personal opinions on our humble restaurant andI I believe there is always room for improvement and we shall look forward to your revisit in the near futue

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2018

having a great time with family for reasonable price authentic Nyonya food, recommended restaurant for gathering and family dinner

Date of visit: June 2018
DragonTan, Manager at Ivy's Nyonya Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you for your compliments.

Dragon Tan.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We decided to try the food at Ivy's Nyonya Cuisine after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, however, we were quite disappointed. We ordered the fish head curry which we felt was a little small for its price. The curry was not sufficiently flavoursome and the fish was not succulent, in fact it was a little hard. Perhaps the chef was having a bad day.

Date of visit: July 2018
DragonTan, Manager at Ivy's Nyonya Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Thank you for your kind feedback. The food is usually good and well accepted.
Anyhow please accept my humble apologies for your poor experience dining here but we will strive to improve the consistency and quality of our dishes.