“Saved me from the abyss”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in George Town
Stardust Guest House
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Lovely place. Has everything you need. 55 Ringitt a night with shared bathrooms and showers that are beautiful and even better than my shower back home. The rooms are simple, hostel like, but very wonderful, usually with air con and a fan together. There is very good wifi which for me is very important, and they do a little bit of everything. The visa process is super efficient if you are here for that, and all of the staff are amazing!! It is hard to spot this place, but please do your best to give it a try, it's only 55 ringitt!! They exchange thai baht here too! They also sell food and drink for good prices. You literally don't have to leave the place if you don't want.

Room Tip: Room 3 was awesome, but I hear Room 2 is delicious
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 May 2015

Lovely little guesthouse on Chulia street. The staff are very warm and welcoming. Great hospitality. The rooms are very clean and nice, and the price you pay for them is unbeatable for hat they are. I've been here a few times now and they remember me and they give me excellent service every time. It's an unbeatable place. Recommend.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2015

This is actually the second time I'm staying here, well the first time (Sep 2014) was so good that I had no doubts to stay here again for my second visit (February 2015).

The staff is beyond helpful, the guesthouse is one of the cleanest I've ever stayed. I recommend room no. 02, it's spacious and has two windows. Beds are all new and comfortable, fresh sheets and comfy pillows, a really good mattress!! You get a 5 star quality sleep for a 1 star price.

I actually came back here because the guesthouse is so relaxing, the wifi is fast and the rooms are comfortable. The only minus is that all rooms have no bathroom inside, you share the bathroom with others. But it's not a big deal, because the bathrooms are cleaned several times a day and super tidy. Showers are hot and have a good water pressure.

I also booked a bus tour with them and everything went smooth. Rates are lower than in other guesthouses. If I return another time to Penang I would always stay here again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: room no 01 and 02 gives most privacy, they are on the third floor.
Reviewed 9 February 2015

Thai visa expired so off to Malaysia we go. Have never been to Penang - booked the Chulia Heritage Hotel on line for 2 nights. Had read to stay there as visa service available across the street. More like across the parking lot. Front desk said "right there" pointing out the hotel front entrance to the rear entrance of Stardust Guest House. We said "really"? As we sneak through the back and wind our way through we're met by Yanni along with Chen and some crazy old man named Lim. Seems Lim started this place 11 years ago and his two sons named Lucas & Chen work with Dad - Yanni is the cute helper from Indonesia. Long story shorter - we hired Chen for Penang car tour - Stardust arranged all visa service - Lim booked our ferry trip to Langkawi & provided lodging for us our third night in Georgeown. The family very helpful for travelers. Great bakery and eateries outside your door. Can walk to Love Street, Little India, Ferry Terminal, Bus Terminal. Enjoy your stay in Georgetown! Yogi Bear :)

Room Tip: Ask for #2 - The Penthouse - Away from the street noise.
Reviewed 8 February 2015

We stayed here for a few nights beginning of Feb. After being robbed in Kota Kinabalu at Seasons Street Lodge (don't stay there) we were on an extremely tight budget to finish our trip throughout Malaysia. We literally checked out every budget accomadation in chinatown, lubuh chulia, and love lane. Of all the places we only came across, there was one other option that was cheaper than Stardust, but that room was small and packed, smelled of basement sweat and urine for 35 ringit. Stardust being the last stop, was a hidden gem. One of the nicest places we came across on our search. @40 ringit for a clean fan double and nice, hot water share bathroom. The owners, Mr.Lin and his family (assuming) are very very nice and friendly, eager to help with anything. Highly recommend this place. Also they sell the cheapest beer in town that we saw.. hacker beer for 5 ringit.