“Very good laundry service in Lebuh Chulia at this budget hotel...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in George Town
Stardust Guest House
Reviewed 30 October 2012

If you need some laundry service while in Georgetown Penang, this is the place you should go to...

I brought my laundry here twice, and they really did a good job. I sent the laundry to wash at noon and I got them back at my hotel (yes, they can send to your hotel, you don't have to come back here to collect your laundry) in the late afternoon, all clean, ironed and folded neatly!

I think the laundry fee is 5 rm per kilo.

Can't comment about the room or their restaurant as I wasn't staying or eaten here, but I would like to credit their laundry service as I was really happy and satisfied with their laundry service...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank wintermelon
There are newer reviews for Stardust Guest House

Reviewed 13 June 2012

big room, quiet night, good sleep,friendly staff, good location

Room Tip: room number 2. upstairs, big room with aircon..quiet as not close to bathroom and at top of guesthou...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey1986187069
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights on the reccommendation of another traveller. It ended up being a good choice as it was one of the cheapest private rooms we found in Malaysia - only 40RM! We stayed in the fan room which wasn't huge but the bed was comfortable and there was sufficient space for our packs. It was pretty hot in the room but we chose it over the air con room as it was even smaller!

The shared bathrooms were great and had enough showers and toilets. They were always kept clean and the water pressure in the showers was good.

The staff were lovely and always happy to help us. The food in the restuarant was quite good too (we only had breakfast) and had very reasonable prices.

I really think this is one of the best budget options in Georgetown and would recommend it...in a great spot too, right on the main street and excellent wi-fi.

Room Tip: Choose a fan room if you want more space!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sezbo_25
Reviewed 10 April 2012

From the 7 or so places stayed in Malaysia this is definrely the best. Very clean, nice staff and good location. Deinitely reccommended

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Dazzer23
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I was going to spend some nights there but had to cut it short after one night. Here are the reasons:

1. The fan room was hotter than anything else I've seen in SE Asia, which alone would have made it impossible to sleep.

2. This is one of those places where the staff treats it as more like a personal playground than a place of work. They do keep the hostel very tidy, but you can hear them hollering, laughing and whooping at all hours of the day. They always seem to be right outside your door.

The rooms are very noisy in other regards as well; it really is like a herd of elephants passing every time someone goes by. The traffic from the street reaches the rooms late into the night.

3. Worst of all: due to making the mistake of having a drink with ice at a local, I had to go to the toilet as soon as I came back to the hotel - and bad.

Problem was, the girls who work there have made the upstairs toilet/shower room their personal office, so to speak. They were hanging around when I went to get washed up, and were there again.

They made effort to leave when I got in the stall, but just continued babbling and giggling away. Due to the circumstances, my visit was rather noisy, if you catch my drift.

They still didn't leave but rather started mimicking the sounds and giggling uncontrollably and obviously talking about it. Needless to say, it was humiliating.

When I got out, I had a word with them about privacy, but, of course, they'd stopped speaking English altogether.

Still, with all this, it is a better bet than Banana Guest House... My advice though: stay away.

• Stayed: February 2012