Open today: 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Review Highlights
Evening Food Tour

Reviewed 31 January 2019
1984ASD
Great guide for elderly parents

Reviewed 5 January 2019
nzauckmarkh
Orchard Road, Singapore
via mobile

All reviews tour guide itinerary tailor highlights culture tourists penang
Reviewed 31 January 2019

Victor provided an excellent and fun evening food tour. He was very happy to tailor the tour to what my wife and I were after. He took us to places that we otherwise would not have visited. Highly recommended! Holly and Tony.

Date of experience: December 2018
PenangInsights, Owner at Penang Insights, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Dear Holly and Tony,

I am very glad to hear that you had a wonderful time where you got to try some local Penang food at a night market and a couple of other places we visited. Thanks for the review and recommendation. :-)

Victor

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

I’m Asian and having Asian parents can be a little challenging when they are very picky about what they want and how they want it.

Victor has been very accommodating and have changed the schedule a number of times to fit with my parents’ needs. Especially dad having a bad knee problem and can’t walk too much.

Also he gave us a few ideas for after the tour on what else we could do from where to eat, to what to see and do for my discerning parents.

Definitely get Victor to help if you have discerning members in your group.

A+ from me.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank nzauckmarkh
PenangInsights, Owner at Penang Insights, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2019

Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for your review and referral. It was my pleasure to be able to meet your's and your parents' trip requirements for the day. Indeed it was a bit different from my other guests, but it was as fulfilling and fun hosting you and your parents and to communicate in our different Chinese dialects with your parents. Being an Asian myself, I can fully understand the generational gap and expectations are different so it wasn't an issue for me.

Cheers!

Reviewed 29 December 2018

My wife and I signed up for Victor's cooking class in mid-December and it was one of the absolute highlights of our trip. We spent the morning in a local market, and then went to Victor's beautiful apartment to cook four fantastic local dishes.

I cannot recommend Victor and Penang Insights enough. He provides a travel experience that far exceeds, both in terms of quality and personal engagement, any group tour/class that you could otherwise sign up for. If in Penang, look no further than Victor's tours and cooking class.

Date of experience: December 2018
PenangInsights, Owner at Penang Insights, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2018

Dear Mark and Mirela,

Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation. It was indeed a pleasure of mine to host your local cooking class experience. I am very happy to hear that you both had a wonderful time with me. Likewise, I had a great time hosting both of you at my apartment.

Wishing both of you all the best back in Washington and a great 2019.

Victor

Reviewed 22 December 2018 via mobile

We spend a 1/2 day with Victor and it was amazing. Originally our idea was to see the main highlights of Penang, but Victor wanted to show us the other Penang. He took us to some areas with less tourists and we had the chance to see a private home which was set up for a Chinese festival, a artist house where we could als see the impact of the major construction of the building, a small flower start-up, a incredible street art exhibition and of course several of the great Chinese Temples and much more....Thanks Victor for a great day!

Date of experience: December 2018
PenangInsights, Owner at Penang Insights, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2018

Dear Michaela and Peter,

You are very welcome and thanks for the review. I am very glad that I had the opportunity to meet you and host your walking tour yesterday. Hope you have an enjoyable holiday for the remaining time in Penang and a safe onward journey to Thailand.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2018

We spent a week in Penang, after a couple of days, it was time to get some help in navigating where and what we were doing. Victor was an absolute star. He was prompt with communication, punctual, engaging, informative, and easy to spend time with.
Victor had put an itinerary together for what we asked, in our case it was Penang nightlife.
We started with being picked up at our hotel, going to a Friday night food market, where we were shown how to navigate our way around local foods stalls, how to buy food, had our 1st drink from a plastic bag and straw - sugar cane juice.
From here we walked a trail leading to a Chinese temple, overlooking the water, looking to mainland Malaysia, spectacular. This was exceptional, at night, the beautiful lights, walking amongst locals homes, a peaceful, calming experience. From there we went to visit a Clan Jetty, again such a wonderful experience.
Seeing Georgetown at night was particularly beautiful. Victor enabled us to experience this with absolute respect for the locals, whilst seeing things, we would never have been able to manage or find ourselves.
Time flew by, we ran out of time, much to our disappointment. That would be our only suggestion, our tour of 4 hours, wasn’t long enough, need longer.
We would absolutely recommend Victor of Penang Insights,

Date of experience: December 2018
PenangInsights, Owner at Penang Insights, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2018

Dear Sofia,

Thanks for the review.

I am so delighted that I'm part of your local experience and that you and your husband had a wonderful time with me exploring Penang by night. I am also very grateful to you for your referral to your hotel's concierge manager.

It was an absolutely joy that I got to spend the night showing you both around the food stalls and some of Penang's cultural heritage sites. We were fortunate that the heavy rainfalls had stopped while we were navigating and sampling some of the street food. :-)

Wishing you and your husband the best back in Australia.