All reviews nipah bay pangkor island laid back atmosphere buffet breakfast two months spring rolls daddy's cafe nice beach chalet tv rm mts backpackers taxi malaysia kettle sheets
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a 3pax family room, but it end up with a 2+1 connected room. The single room do not hv any aircond.. need to open the connecting door to let the aircond go in from the double bad room.

After that we asked to change a room,they give us a family room for 4 pax. But the room is totally disappointed ! The room is dirty, full with ants on floor and bed ! What a nightmare for us! The bedsheet is not clean enough.. the wall seriously needed a new paint!

The location is good with a walking distance to beach, other than that it do not have any good point to stay!

Seriously not recommended guesthouse !!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Fuss free and very near to the beach. The bathroom is pretty new. No major complaints. Friendly staff. The public shower areas is good for cleaning up after a beach outing. Reasonable menu prices but hadn't a chance to try the food. Would appreciate if they served food for lunch too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I walked in this time without any reservation and only attic room available... Price is steep but managed to get a rm30 discount as we are staying for 2 nights... Attic room has 2 queen size bed, 1 below and 1 up the steep wooden stairs, a small pantry and a basic washroom. TV was not working, informed staff a few times but didn't do anything... And room is very dim and felt eerie and spooky... Request to change to a villa hut which is much better the following day... First 2 visits was great with their service, their pricing and the rooms... This time round, guess I won't be staying there the next time as staff seems abit reluctant to our respond requests...

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nipah Bay is small tourist resort on Pangkor Island. I had half the large beach to myself – even at the week-end when local visitors arrived (during the week the whole place was very quiet0.
I found the Nipah Bay Villa hotel well-located, little more than 100 metres from the beach.
Accomodate is basic, but acceptable and good value for money. The buffet breakfast was unexceptional, but convenient and good value.
My slight moan is that I more than once I had to remind the staff to service my room. But the staff were friendly and helpful and I think they would have made an effort on the day my room wasn't serviced if I'd insisted that it was cleaned. Travelling alone it wasn't a big issue.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The standard chalet we rented was satisfactory; the only downside was the leaking aircond. It will be nice if they can provide drinking water as a complimentary instead of selling them at the reception. Overall, loved the stay there and had no regrets!

• Stayed: April 2014