“Best place to be in Langkawi”
Review of The Kasbah

The Kasbah
Ranked #48 of 514 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Southwestern, Malaysian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Kasbah Langkawi is a cafe restaurant located slightly off from the busy street of Chenang. Design and built by their in house team, the open space interior and exterior features recycle and natural elements which brings a unique outlook to the whole concept. Being in a tourist destination in Langkawi, the Kasbah food menu offers range of authentic local dishes and a good mix of western delicacies with daily specials and live grill on the weekend. Its capacity of housing 100 people makes it suitable for group function and corporate events. The Kasbah is also widely known as a gathering space for local artisan and musicians giving it a special atmosphere with live performance, exhibition and knowledge talk a frequent event in the restaurant.
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This place was seriously one of my favorite places to be in the evening when we were in Langkawi. This place has a charming atmosphere , they often have live music (mainly reggae) and they even do movie nights. They offer burgers, salads, fries, I would say more European style food, they often do Malaysian/Asian specials. You can follow them on Facebook and get an idea of the place and the food. It's close to the rainbow lodge - in total about 5-7 minute walk to Cenang beach , and yet it's located in a more quieter area, which I liked. I also loved how everything was made of wood and in the center of the restaurant you have to take your shoes off first before sitting on the floor with a comfy pillow. I definitely recommend this place if you're visiting Langkawi, I think it's a cool mix of traditional style with a modern twist.

CPT73, Inhaber at The Kasbah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you Enya for visiting us and for your positive feedback! We wish you all the best and further more a great trip!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Great local food, with friendly staff, amazing live music and general ambiance. Perfect to go there when they have live music.

afhamnasir, Owner at The Kasbah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Hi Casper, thanks for review and geing our guest… hope to see you again! have a great trip and all the best… Team Kasbah!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We loved Kasbah! The place is beautiful, super cosy... service is great as well. Food beautifully presented and tasteful. Prices are very reasonable - around RM18 for each main we had... Highly recommend!!!

Just remember to put some insect repellent on because it is close to rice field.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Loved the burger. It also came with fries and the portion was a bit big for me but that's just me. Apparently, they have a movie night on Mondays that starts around 8:30 but unfortunately, I had other plans and was unable to join them.
They were very nice to give me a ride back to my hotel seeing that I was by myself. This was really kind of them. Thanks for the ride, Azlan.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant you can't find easy. I found it here on TripAdvisor. This is a very cool restaurant with cool people! The restaurant is like open air. That is a amazing concept. Here they also play live music. They given people the feeling that they are welcome. The Belgium lady gives us free fruit to eat. Very awesome :) This restaurant is for me best best place to chill in Langkawi! The food is ok.