“Worst experience in my honeymoon ”

Vivanta by Taj Rebak Island, Langkawi
Ranked #10 of 108 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

There was a mistake on the type of the room I reserved ,and while they solving our problem they make us wait in the reception for more than 4 hours without any hospitality not even glass of water, at the end they send me to wrong room .. and they didn't try to make it up by anything

The category of the rooms is a big lie .. they offer me premium indulging ocean view instead of deluxe with partial view with diffeeence 250$ in 3 nights , but when I saw the rooms they exactly similar and the view is almost the same , its just that the premium is few steps forward than the deluxe one,

The reservation office and front desk is not helpful at all ..and when I want to talk to the manger the send me to one girl was sitting on the front desk , and she presented herself as a manger then another girl came up and also presented her self as a manager ... and both of them were involved in my issue I wanted to complain about , so obviously they were just try to not to let meet the head manager!!

Other stuff are nice such as Muhamed a driver of a clubcar and Nemar the guy from Nibal in the restaurant , restaurant is really good , food is delicious and beach is clean

The transportation from and to the airport is not included according to there policy because you booked through the agent!! Although the mention on booking.com it says that airport shuttle is provided !!

The tourism charge and service charge will cost you 15 MR per night !!

The room is very old and outdated and has a bad smell
They just gave me the worst time in my honeymoon

It's really dosen't worth the money We paid and definitely I won't recommend it to anyone and I will never be back to it

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Malaz Z
RebakLangkawi, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Rebak Island, Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Kindly be assured of our services and commitment.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We've been to Malaysia x5 since our marriage 28yrs ago but never once visited Langkawi, we decided last minute to visit the islands & had a great experience, to the extent we agreed we would stay here again, bitterly disappointed with the mosquito assault that also causes a restless night with their buzzing around. Otherwise no complaints but just disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I love the Taj chain. The Sea View rooms were very spacious, the little patio lovely.

The rooms are a little dated, but the food good, the staff friendly and the whole experience relaxing.

My husband enjoyed the excellent uppuma for breakfast, and i found their Vanilla Papaya Jam quite scrumptious.

Check weather begore going as the trip could be rough if weather is bad.

They ghae a moondeck, that can be booked for a private dinner, but arrangements need to be made a day in advance.

We will be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us recently.

We are delighted to hear of your memorable visit.

Your patronage is very much appreciated.

The resort team looks forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I can't begin to comment on how amazing Taj treated us all. I had gone with a group of my girlfriends for a Bachelorette trip to Langkawi. The staff was exceptionally warm & welcoming. The properly in itself was to die for! I could live there forever. The food was outstanding. We had no qualms about staying in the resort since it's on a secluded island. We had plenty of stuff to do there. There's a pool table, live performances in the evening, there's a bar at the beach which we miss the most. The bartenders were full of stories of traveller's that visited. Special mention about the the manager at that time, an Indian, i forget his name, was extremely courteous to us all. Even thought this place is ideal for couples on their honey we had a blast while we were there. I think this place is a must visit if you want to relax, unwind and take it easy. This property has its own beach, there's a forest right behind where you could go for a nice walk in the morning. They have two swimming pools, a bar at the pool, a bar at the beach. This property had everything we were looking for. It was one of the most memorable trips ever! Thank you so much Taj Vivanta for a wonderful stay

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pooja G

Thank you for staying with us recently.

We are delighted to hear of your memorable visit.

Your patronage is very much appreciated.

The resort team looks forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I was hesitating between rating it as an average or very good, because it's hard to evaluate the overall experience by this way because me as a guest in that remote hotel I have much more time to observe and see all the advantages and disadvantages Following I will evaluate it in more details :

Hotel facilities: the property it self good but they need to invest more in the facilities like the kids club which was closed most of our visit time, my husband went for spa day and he likened it , pool good beach need to more attention. The have a nice seating area besides the lobby with two long tables full of shared games i.e. Snakes and ladders , pingo etc, General comment is spend more into the facilities especially the afternoon activities.

Main restaurant: BF was good , wide selection of food and tasty as well , although the dinner was 80% about Indian and local cuisine which was so tasty but as this is your only choice you will feel stacked. But the hospitality of the staff will make you happy and satisfied.

Rooms: nice and clean the theme of the island and the tropical resort is obvious in the interior design but the problem was the flooring made of wood without sound insulation so you can hear every single step in you are in the lower apartment.

Staff and hospitality:
Nice and kind, so helpful . They are like a second family to you. Loved them all especially our housekeeping team they said goodbye in a lovely way.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family