Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,476 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We had 7 nights at this resort and I must say that it was deeply deeply disappointing and has ruined some of our holiday mood. Sheraton Langkawi is deceivingly listed as a 5 Star hotel. This is beyond a joke. The hotel can barely pass for a 3- star.

Breakfast Restaurant (Feast):
The toilets in the restaurant (the ones that worked) were quite dirty and stank of smoke. There were cigarette ends in the toilets (staff must have used them as a smoking room). There is very poor service at this restaurant. The employers had worn uniforms and seemed almost indifferent to the guests. There were random table setting / clearing of tables and there were mornings where we were not even offered coffee / tea. It seemed that no leading staff were present and that employees were left to themselves.
One morning we went into the lounge area and complained about the lack of coffee served in the restaurant and asked for a cup of coffee. The waiter laughed almost over our story and we had to pay extra for coffee! It was actually an opportunity to correct any deficiencies, but instead we were a joke.

The room:
We discovered that running lizards and a single cockroach in the room - they ran away when we entered the room and turned on the light.

There was mold in the ceiling in bathroom.

In the minibar we found some old chocolate bar that smelled terrible and despite complaints we never got new chocolate. They never refilled our minibar in all the time we stayed there.

The Internet did not work in the room, even if it cost 45 RM a day. We complained to the front desk and they sent an IT guy, but he quickly gave up and nobody even tried to fix it.
By our door in the bungalow we found some service with leftovers, which was removed 5 days later. Maybe that's why there were cockroaches in our room.

Gym:
The aircon didn´t worked so there was very hot and humid during our training session. There gym was not properly clean and couple of machines did not work.

Spa:
We tried to book some massage one day, but the spa was closed even though it should be opened according to their signage. When we complained at the front desk, they tried to call the spa but no one picked up the phone and we could not get any explanation of why there was no spa staff at work that day. We booked massages at another resort (Berjaya Resort - which was much more effective and had higher standard than Sheraton).

Surroundings:
Surroundings of the resort were generally very sad - there was a lot of dead plants and a lot of fallen leaves from the surrounding trees – probably because they didn’t water the plantes and maintained the area. There were weeds under some rusty kayaks, which was located close to the pool area. The beach was very very small so it did not live up to the name (Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort).

Overall impression - unbelievable this hotel belongs to the Sheraton chain!
This experience has taught me that you should never trust the Sheraton brand and it´s standard is the same worldwide.

Date of stay: February 2013
3  Thank ASaran
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear ASaran,

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay with us in this review.

It is regrettable that the standard of our resort did not live up to your expectations and you left with disappointment.

I apologize for the unpleasant experience and inconvenience caused. Thank you for your comments about the maintenance and service issues you encountered during your stay. Please feel free to contact me at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com with details of your stay so that I can investigate this further, as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

While some of the foyer and public areas are a little run down and dated, the room we got was absolutely amazing, and staff were ever present and helpful. While the main restaurant "Feast" made for an easy breakfast and lunch, "Spice Trader" restaurant was definitely the highlight for dinner. As a couple we found we could eat at Spice Trader for dinner cheaper than we could at the buffet and with amazing food and friendly service. Sharifah in Spice Trader was friendly and only 2 visits she already made us feel like regulars.

The beaches are not the best on Langkawi but considering the cheap prices of taxi's on the island nothing is ever far away. If we ever come back to Langkawi we would happily book here again.

Room tip: If you can splurge for a beachfront room, absolutely worth it.
Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank crankypanda

Greetings crankypanda,

Thank you very much for letting us know how impressed you were with your stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

It is great to hear when guest’s expectations are met and they leave with positive lasting impression. Many thanks for your highlights on the service you received especially from Sharifah at Spice Trader. I shall share your compliments personally with her and the team.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Not the best Sheraton that we have stayed at but We still had an Ok holiday. We liked the room size, location (being slightly up in the hills) and design (wooden huts) but disliked the beach (not really one for sunbathing on or swimming in) and the fact that we were rather isolated. If you are planning on staying here I would recommend hiring a car for a few days so that you can get out and explore what is a really beautiful island.

Date of stay: March 2012

Greetings aruffle,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

It is nice to hear that overall you had a good short break.

Many thanks for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is classic Sheraton design. Incorporating local architecture and culture into their decor. The hotel has been thought out well and is clean, ie dust free. We spent 2 nights here and saw a roach in the room on each night. The rooms were clean, sheets and towels all fresh.

Langkawi has a lot of trees and forest area hence this may attribute to the bugs.

Pool area, staff service and meals are all exceptional. If u don't have a problem with bugs then this is a good bet in langkawi. It's in a convenient location from all the main touristy places and your commutes won't be more than 15 mins...

Be sure to visit chanang beach!

Date of stay: January 2013

Greetings anandude,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and the service you received especially from the team at our poolside. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Whilst you seems overall happy with your stay, I have taken your comments on board that we could do better in regards to pest control for better guest experience.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 February 2013

1- The room we were allocated ,was dirty-there was human feaces on the toilet floor, of which my partner stepped in it. The bed linen skirt of the bed was dirty and there was a trail of sand on the floor. It was appalling to see sand left in the bath also. The grout in the tiles was dirty and there was also grout missing.The air conditioner was leaking and noisy.

2- To my surprise we were offered a dinner voucher and drinks,which was fine but to go and have the buffet dinner only to find that we were only allowed a soft drink non alcoholic beverage was also disappointing. I didn't feel the staff including the manager who offered the compensation really soothed my issue of what we were subjected too.

3- The new room although had better air con-there was still old dirty grout and some missing in the shower. I was deeply concerned that the standard of cleaning was poor and probably would continue to be, given what we first experienced. There was paint pealing off the ceiling!This is not the 5 star resort that I was made to believe was excellent. KL and Australia's standards are amazing compared to what we experienced in your hotel.

4- I am also disappointed that the poolside toilets were always damp and uninviting. There was a drying machine on the floor to dry it but but I believe was useless. The state of the toilets were also unclean and smelly on numerous occasions.I felt I had to make special trips to my room or to the the foyer bathroom.

5-We also didn't appreciate that the nightclub bar was not open to guests on most nights we stayed. We felt we had to go out every night to other restaurants and resorts-which obviously doesn't bode well for your resort. the captains table restaurant never had any guests dining there from what I saw. I even had other guests tell me that they don't rate the food or service of any of your restaurants.

6- As much as the staff were nice-we felt there were inconsistencies with the quality of service. We were offered a complimentary drink by the pool. It was a sub standard cocktail. How I know this is; there was no alcohol in it! We had ordered other cocktails there after and could very well tell that depending on who is serving you-it will differ greatly in quality.

7- This was supposed to be a magical time for myself and Sandor. He proposed to me in the Four seasons resort which was stunning. This was all because he was not satisfied with Sheraton and he could not be assured that he would get what he requested if the proposal happened at Sheraton langkawi.

8- Your hi Tea was more like week old leftovers that should of been rubbished long ago. I had stale, and I mean stale cakes. The only thing that was fresh was the sandwiches which were nice. All I had in compensation- was we had to pay for one and had the other free. This left a sour taste in my mouth about my stay there.

9- The poolside bar is really dated and the bar itself looks dirty from the pool stools.

Overall the manager minimized issues and swept them under the carpet when complaints were put in about state of the hotel.
You would be better off staying at the Weston, berjaya or four seasons. They are excellent hotels.

Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank 3dmuse

Dear 3dmuse,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. Checking into a dirty room can leave a negative lasting impression that overshadows the rest of any trip.

As I would need more information before I can move forward with addressing your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com with your contact details so we can work together to resolve this. I look forward to hearing from you soon.