Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,476 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Not the best Sheraton that we have stayed at but We still had an Ok holiday. We liked the room size, location (being slightly up in the hills) and design (wooden huts) but disliked the beach (not really one for sunbathing on or swimming in) and the fact that we were rather isolated. If you are planning on staying here I would recommend hiring a car for a few days so that you can get out and explore what is a really beautiful island.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Greetings aruffle,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

It is nice to hear that overall you had a good short break.

Many thanks for your time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is classic Sheraton design. Incorporating local architecture and culture into their decor. The hotel has been thought out well and is clean, ie dust free. We spent 2 nights here and saw a roach in the room on each night. The rooms were clean, sheets and towels all fresh.

Langkawi has a lot of trees and forest area hence this may attribute to the bugs.

Pool area, staff service and meals are all exceptional. If u don't have a problem with bugs then this is a good bet in langkawi. It's in a convenient location from all the main touristy places and your commutes won't be more than 15 mins...

Be sure to visit chanang beach!

Date of stay: January 2013

Greetings anandude,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and the service you received especially from the team at our poolside. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Whilst you seems overall happy with your stay, I have taken your comments on board that we could do better in regards to pest control for better guest experience.

Once again, thank you very much for your time and valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 February 2013

1- The room we were allocated ,was dirty-there was human feaces on the toilet floor, of which my partner stepped in it. The bed linen skirt of the bed was dirty and there was a trail of sand on the floor. It was appalling to see sand left in the bath also. The grout in the tiles was dirty and there was also grout missing.The air conditioner was leaking and noisy.

2- To my surprise we were offered a dinner voucher and drinks,which was fine but to go and have the buffet dinner only to find that we were only allowed a soft drink non alcoholic beverage was also disappointing. I didn't feel the staff including the manager who offered the compensation really soothed my issue of what we were subjected too.

3- The new room although had better air con-there was still old dirty grout and some missing in the shower. I was deeply concerned that the standard of cleaning was poor and probably would continue to be, given what we first experienced. There was paint pealing off the ceiling!This is not the 5 star resort that I was made to believe was excellent. KL and Australia's standards are amazing compared to what we experienced in your hotel.

4- I am also disappointed that the poolside toilets were always damp and uninviting. There was a drying machine on the floor to dry it but but I believe was useless. The state of the toilets were also unclean and smelly on numerous occasions.I felt I had to make special trips to my room or to the the foyer bathroom.

5-We also didn't appreciate that the nightclub bar was not open to guests on most nights we stayed. We felt we had to go out every night to other restaurants and resorts-which obviously doesn't bode well for your resort. the captains table restaurant never had any guests dining there from what I saw. I even had other guests tell me that they don't rate the food or service of any of your restaurants.

6- As much as the staff were nice-we felt there were inconsistencies with the quality of service. We were offered a complimentary drink by the pool. It was a sub standard cocktail. How I know this is; there was no alcohol in it! We had ordered other cocktails there after and could very well tell that depending on who is serving you-it will differ greatly in quality.

7- This was supposed to be a magical time for myself and Sandor. He proposed to me in the Four seasons resort which was stunning. This was all because he was not satisfied with Sheraton and he could not be assured that he would get what he requested if the proposal happened at Sheraton langkawi.

8- Your hi Tea was more like week old leftovers that should of been rubbished long ago. I had stale, and I mean stale cakes. The only thing that was fresh was the sandwiches which were nice. All I had in compensation- was we had to pay for one and had the other free. This left a sour taste in my mouth about my stay there.

9- The poolside bar is really dated and the bar itself looks dirty from the pool stools.

Overall the manager minimized issues and swept them under the carpet when complaints were put in about state of the hotel.
You would be better off staying at the Weston, berjaya or four seasons. They are excellent hotels.

Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank 3dmuse

Dear 3dmuse,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. Checking into a dirty room can leave a negative lasting impression that overshadows the rest of any trip.

As I would need more information before I can move forward with addressing your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at kumar.renoo@sheraton.com with your contact details so we can work together to resolve this. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed at Sheraton over a couple of nights in August 2012. First impressions, a huge room! Really classy and well laid out. Good setting within the trees and within earshot of the beach.

One gripe-Food was expensive! not surprising given the hotel chain but this was extravagant! We arrived late at night after flight delays and wasn't expecting a RM50 chicken rice. Decided to drive out and find something from somewhere which was open.

We didn't use the shuttle service as it was far easier and quicker to walk to the room. Staff were good and responsive but they could use another PC in the lobby or link a timer to the existing one so there's no need to wait in line to check in for a flight online (for instance).

A great stay and we'll be back for more.....

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Perks2508

Dear Perks2508,

We thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay with us – it is always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay.

Our Lobby Lounge associates normally monitors the usage of computers at Sheraton Link. This is to ensure our guests get their fair share. I appreciate your suggestion for our future improvement.

Again, thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

My husband and I stayed with our two kids in Sheraton Langkawi last June. Having read some bad reviews about the hotel, we were trying our best to keep an open mind. Upon arrival, we were given a warm welcome, and were checked into our spacious room with no hassle. While it is true that we have to use the shuttle service, it was very quick, and we had no problems using the service during our stay even though it was school holidays. We also went for dinner on one of the nights in the Spice Trader. The food was good , and our kids were treated with free ice-cream! The only thing that I didn't like about this hotel is that the beach is not that great, but the pool is lovely. All in all, we had a great holiday in Sheraton Langkawi.

Room tip: Rooms closer to the lobby are manageable for those who want to walk, instead of waiting for the shuttle.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Nirmala_BhooPathy,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received from our team at Spice Trader.

Shuttle buses are provided for the convenience of our guest to move around the resort and many seems to appreciate it.

Thank you again for your time and the valuable feedbacks . I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.