“Lovely meal”

Price range: USD 3 - USD 10
Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Maharaja Restaurant serves North Indian & arabic cusines,with the real qualities and teste of perticular dishes.The view of mountains(world famous tourist place"CABLE CAR") is well knoun feature of the restaurant.The atmosphere is very friendly here.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal there last night. Ate outside looking over the yachts in the harbour. There is a good choice of food on the menu. Even a western section if some don't like Indian. The food was excellent and that staff were very attentive. Price for meal on par with all other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

The setting was pleasant overlooking the harbour, but to be fair, it was too dark to see it. Nevertheless we knew it was there
We both had the chicken tikka Marsala and I was dubious because I thought it would be too sweet and too mild. I was wrong. The Nepalese chef did an excellent job of giving us both the flavour and spice level we wanted
The bindi was cooked with tomato and onion, which I have never had before and it was really tasty
The garlic naan was also really good
Biru served us well all evening including the House speciality cappuccino (Tiger beer in a coffee mug)
We will return

1  Thank HSeeingtheworld
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Infront of yacht park, very good view . Choice of food . Taste of Indian cuisine. Affordable price .

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Fairly average food at average restaurant but with friendly staff. Chicken tandoori was good but mutton curry was just ok. Overlooks the harbour but not a great view. Quite expensive for what it was, Probably not worth visiting.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

We lived in the area for several years on our yacht Fearless Hunter.. Monthly visa runs from Thailand to Langkawi. First stop.. Maharaja. I even took my ex-wife and partner there as they love Indian and Persian.. they thought is was kidding, but they ate 6 mains between them on the first visit.. they couldn’t get enough..
Looking forward to going back there in 10 days and counting down.. bringing friends from Australia this time, as we visited a Persian resturant in Brisbane a year ago where they loved the food. The discussion came up as I only gave it a 7 out of 10. Maharaja a clean 10. They asked when I would take them.. so next week we are going to Langkawi. Mainly because of Maharaja..