“We wondered why the staffs kept ignoring us”

Charlie's Bar & Grill
Ranked #85 of 505 Restaurants in Langkawi
Price range: USD 2 - USD 20
Cuisines: International, Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Charlie’s Bar & Grill is the embodiment of island life. This restaurant and bar provides a casual , laid back and contemporary ambience for meeting friends and enjoying great meals. The cuisine is a mix of local Malaysian delights and popular international dishes. The bar in particular is a favourite for yachties and locals to meet, share a few drinksand chill our after a long day in the sun.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after dinner for desserts and drinks on a Monday night. When we arrived there were only few tables left. We found a table on our own and waited for someone to send the menu over but we were completely ignored. We waived several times to different front staffs but they just seemed to look through us, which made me wonder if the reason was because we were not well dressed enough and looked local. Someone two tables away from us (Caucasian) raised his hand and a front staff immediately approached him. After almost 30 minutes of trying to get the staffs attention ( yes, I myself am surprised we waited that long and didn’t just leave), someone finally pointed to us and this guy in a captain’s hat finally came to our table and said “Yes”, just “Yes”. Only then did he realised we couldn’t order because we were not given the menu yet. We ordered the mojito and the Long Island Tea, a basket of french fries and the apple pie with ice cream. The drinks tasted diluted and the apple pie was dry. We liked the French fries though. So if you like French fries and want to experience the feeling of being ignored, this is the right place to visit while in Langkawi.

Thank Marichelle Liva... L
Thivagar S, Manager at Charlie's Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment at your recent visit to our restaurant.

I am extremely concerned to read your comments with regard to your overall experience at the restaurant.

It is always our highest priority to us to ensure that our guests and customers leave the restaurant happy and satisfied at all times.

I would greatly appreciate to allow us for opportunity to improve our service.

I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Thivagar

Bar Operation Manager

Charlie's Bar & Grill

Reviewed 27 March 2018

When we called up the restaurant from our Hotel, the receptionist was courteous and polite, explaining the details of the food & beverage on offer, we requested for a special table set up for 4 pax, to celebrate my birthday. Upon arrival, we were stunned and mesmerized by the views where the table was beautifully decorated. The Captain even brought complimentary welcome drinks while we browse through their menu. The Captain explained and gave some good recommendation of their restaurant's popular dishes.
The food arrived in perfect warmth and elegant, complemented by wines, house wines were in fact great choice for our food. Once a while, the Operations Manager sneaked by to check if everything is in order, truly felt like we were some VVIPs dining at their restaurant. We finished off our dinner with a nice selection of cigars, diligently cut and served to us, with glasses of single malt whiskies, of course. The ladies had fresh ground coffee while enjoying a tray of chocolates. Finally, the waiter brought the birthday cake, and the restaurant team sang birthday song for me, touched my heart. Before we left the restaurant, the Head Chef dropped by to say "hello" and inquired about the food quality, whats more to say, "its simply fabulous!, Bravo..."

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I want with my family to celebrate my son birthday and dinner. Service was superb, waiter was friendly. We order some local & western food. Delicious food & great ambience.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Service is generally very good. Staff friendly, personable, accommodating. Food generally good. Enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We celebrate my son birthday in Charlie’s Bar last night, we ate local & western mixed food.
Food was delicious and fast. Staff was attentive, did the surprise with bringing cake to my son. Thank you to server Amran, Wan & manager Thiva, well done with wonderful job. Will definitely recommend to friends and family.