KSL Hotel & Resort
USD 301*
  • Breakfast included
USD 80*
USD 78*
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
USD 89*
USD 66*
Agoda.com
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
USD 65*
USD 51*
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
USD 23*
USD 22*
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
USD 97*
USD 81*
Agoda.com
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
USD 37*
USD 35*
  • Restaurant
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
USD 31*
USD 23*
Agoda.com
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
USD 44*
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
2,709 results
All reviewsshopping malldinosaur theme parkswimming poolunder one roofmonday nightpasar malamtriple roomnight marketsame buildingsingle bedcity viewhigh floorshort getawayconvenient locationhotel lobbywater parkcounter staff
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Didn't really know what to expect when we were checked in to KSL by the office. Checking in was ok, pretty normal, room was good with everything that was supposed to be in the room being there. Toilet pack was more comprehensive than many other hotels I've been to. Bed was comfortable enough while breakfast was above average. What they offered at the buffet while standard fare was very good. Many places would see me wolfing down my breakfast and rushing out. Not many places gets me to queue up for seconds, but this did.

What makes KSL great is the shopping next door. I really like to browse around and the shopping center was a nice place to just go walkabouts in. Cheap, good and cheerful.

Back to the hotel, service was fast. We had a clogged shower drain and they got maintenance to come up in just a few minutes to clear the pipe. They could have put an iron and a board in the room, but calling for one was quite quick as well.

We're thinking of making this hotel the preferred place for our sales reps. Mind you, I'm rating this hotel above average based on what I think I got for the price I paid. Definitely value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Went for my church camp from Singapore. Surprisingly, it was only 5 mins from the Malaysian immigration. The hotel was very welcoming. We had an instant group check in. It was pretty easy. After settling down, we started preparing our function in their ballroom. The staff was very helpful to us during the setup. View was nice outside the ballroom. Facing the swimming pool. The event went smooth for the 5 days camp. Everyone was tempted to shop and eat at the shopping mall during the stay. Overall, everyone was happy. I highly recommend it to all churches to go there for camp.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kennytan448
Reviewed 24 September 2012

There was a crowd waiting to check in but there were ample chairs provided. The bell boy suggested that we go for our welcome drink while waiting for our queue number to be called. Systematic process of crowd control.

The room we had was clean and nice. Basic furniture. Comfortable bed. Great shower in the bathroom.

The buffet breakfast spread was good, quite a lot to choose from. Tasty food, can't complain. It was a pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend it to anyone..

However, to call this place a resort is definitely stretching it too far! And I wish they wouldn't allow people to smoke in the lounge, absolutely smelly!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Bojangly
Reviewed 23 September 2012

It was a weekend getaway to celebrate our 22nd marriage anniversary. Arrived at the hotel abt 1130 am., reception was deserted (no staff); waited for 20 minutes for 1 staff to appear but she said she was helping, could not answer my query and left. Left bags with concierge and went for lunch at the shopping centre. Returned at about 1330 hrs then waited for another 30 minutes before being served. Room and furnishings were quite new. Bed was ok but comforter cover's material felt alittle coarse. There were obvious stains of glue on the connecting room door and wall papers. Wanted to use the E-safe but it was not working (ok with me). There were no informational materials on hotels facilities/amentities except 1 In-room Dinnng Memu. Writing material was 4 sheets of A5 memo pad and a mini pen. There were only 2 sachets of teabags, 2 sticks of coffee and sachets of sugar and creamer. Alas, there was no tea spoons at all; to stir the coffee, plastic stirrers (same as macdonalds') were provided. Wanted to take a shower and turned handle as per indicator (usual Red) for hot water but it continued flowing with cold water; after quite a bit of meddling then realised that Red was for cold water and blue for hot (ok for me too). Request for wine glasses prior to leaving room for dinner was not met, had to call twice to have the glasses sent to room. Gave the (rate included) breakfast a miss as the queue outside the cafe was shocking long (about 30 pax deep). On the day of departure, Concierge directed to the Express Check out Desk, the lady guest relations staff who attended to me shoved a piece of form to me requesting for credit card details, etc. When I told her that an imprint of the card was already taken at time of check-in and it was the first time I had such request during check-out. The lady staff shot back abruptly and said (quote) 'this is our Hotel standard, if you dont want to cooperate then join the queue at the Check-out counter'. I obliged as there was no reason for me to pick a quarrel at that point.
The Hotel is proclaiming itself as the largest and newest 5 Stars property in JB but from my encounter it really reflects the total lack of professionalism from the day when hotel management took over the rooms from the contractors. The service deliveries/qualities received and observed through the stay was indeed a total DISAPPOINTMENT.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Eroslkh
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Stayed just a night but quite impressed of the service: when request for an extra towel - the htl's runner was quick to return with extra towel and the extra toiletries. Breakfast was delectable and palatable with many choices like nasi lemak,roti canai and first time I experienced chef served fish congee piping hot. I love the array of breads and croissants they have. Triple sharing room though superior quite spacious with comfortable single and queen sized beds. Check-in you need to get a Q number fortunately it was cleared within 20 minutes of waiting time. And while waiting, free flow of drinks and also complimentary cakes served to guests. Shopping mall occupy lower floors of the hotel - can shop until closing times then proceed to have a good rest. Within walking distance to another old shopping mall for those shopholics.

Room Tip: KSL hotel has got 2 towers; Tower1 and Tower 2. Need to request a room not facing the opposite tower - no view except facing other guest's rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends