“Best Italian Food In Johor Bahru.”
Review of Gianni's Trattoria

Gianni's Trattoria
Ranked #11 of 918 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Best Italian Food In Johor Bahru.”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Authentic Italian food. The family has been coming to this restaurant for a couples of years.Try their seafood soup.I love their Caesar Salad. Thin crusted pizzas. Try their Tiramisu and chocolate gelato. Expect a bill of R180-RM200 for 3 persons. Food is fabulous and the chef does not compromise on the ingredients. Service is prompt and good.

• Visited November 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Okay”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The set lunch is value for $.
The lasagna ala carte is good. Unfortunately it's dinner menu is pricey. It's rather strange as the same dishes - ala carte menu have two different pricing. Dinner price is costly. At times the service staffs are not very friendly. Inconsistent.

• Visited July 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Gold Standard”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I'm an American living in JB for 2.5 years, and this place is tops. Just popped in again tonight for the superb cuisine and I'm prompted to write.

If you think you've had a wonderful meal at Gianni's, this is one place where you can't keep going back for the same dish you love. You must explore...as many appetizers, mains and desserts that you can. Woe to the lad who doesn't live in JB with enough time to do so.

Downstairs the ambiance is intimate and lovely. Upstairs is even more delightful. The staff does warm up for return guests. That subtle, occasional smile to let you know you're part of the Gianni's Jet Set is all it takes. Don't expect it for 10 visits, but savor it thereafter.

I recently found another JB dining gem. I'll keep that one to myself for now, but suffice it to say that I was so impressed I was prompted to discuss the superb cuisine with the head chef after the meal. I just couldn't understand why the Western food was so good at a restaurant run by local Chinese. The answer: he used to cook at Gianni's. I was surprised, but then again, I wasn't. Gianni's is the Gold Standard. It would be just about anywhere, and so fortunately for me, it happens to be in JB.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank JBBravo
“Overpriced. Cramped.”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

A good steak - but the must expensive in my life.
Smokers sit on the front door step outside, and will need to bring a candle if the want to read the menu or see what they are eating.
Inside has the ambience and seating space of a factory bus.

• Visited July 2011
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Food is fairly good, but very poor service. Not worth the value.”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Offers delicious italian food. I like the pizza and chicken breast we ordered. However, I am really pissed off with all the waitresses and waiters. They all wear a face like we owe them money... No smile, no courtesy, no friendliness at all! Not attentive to customers... unlike most mid to high class restaurants we went before, where they are trained to pay close attention to customers! This restaurant's waiters and waitresses just take their time talking to one another and take a long time to respond to us whenever we need them! That's not all! After dinner, I used my new credit card and it did not go through... and guess what the waitress did? She threw the card in front of me and said sternly: 'do you have another card'? She did not even ask courteuously!! Come'on! It is not like I can't afford this meal... x#@x# How can we pay RM60 per person for such service in return?!?! This is my worst dining experience for a mid-high range restaurants in my recent few years' memory (I won't compare with more than 5 years ago since I am a food lover and frequently patron restaurants). My dad also complaint about their poor service the whole night, and kept asking me to bring him to another restaurant with good service on the next day! To me, this restaurant is definitely not worth another visit.

• Visited June 2011