See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and comfortable,and near the sendai station,coffee and ice cream is available of free.I left my things in the room when I leaving.the staff found it soon and reply the email soon.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Ruby C
rnt_sendai, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you very much for staying at Richmond Hotel Sendai this time.
It seems that we were able to take a good rest during our stay, and we are also pleased.

From now on I will never forget appreciation to the customer, I will try to improve the service on a daily basis.

Thank you for your contribution during this busy period.
We are waiting for use of another.

Front Oshima
Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The first room that I was given at the 6th floor had strange noises coming from the air condition ducts, sufficiently loud and intermittent so that one could not sleep there. I was given a replacement room at the 5th floor and discovered that the telephone had no outside line, so I could not make some essential phone calls that were urgent. This is not a place for the busy traveler, stay away.

Room Tip: Check the noise from the air condition ducts before you accept your room
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2016

The hotel was just one stop with JR from the main station, or about 10-15 minutes by foot. It was also close to the famous covered market street called “Ichibancho Shopping Arcade” and AER building where you can go for a panoramic view of Sendai on the 31th floor for free.

Hotel staffs were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was very clean and modern. Guests of hotel could have non-alcoholic beverages (including soft cream!!) every afternoon until 10pm at the restaurant next to the hotel lobby where breakfast was also served. We booked for standard double room and it was correct. It was clean, rather small (but common for Japanese hotels) but functional and quiet.

I would recommend this hotel for its location, cleanliness and staff members.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Given that It was my first time in Sendai, it took me quite a while to get the directions right.

If you are coming from the Shinkansen side of Sendai station, you can head towards the West Exit (A13 or A14) of the station. When you are on the Omiyage shops floor (2F) and there's a pedestrian bridge in front of you, walk towards your right side but just before the shops to find the lift in the corner - there's no escalators down the pedestrian bridge if you are carrying huge luggages. Once you are down on the 1st floor, there should be lockers & some parking lots. Then, start walking towards your right side, where you will pass by PARCO and the AER building before reaching a junction with a flyover.
Continue to cross ahead, then you will see 3 low rise buildings and you can walk towards the extreme right side of the road beside the flyover. Just continue walking all the way straight until you see FAMILY MART to your right. Then you can cross the road and turn towards your left side to see a parking lot and the back of the Richmond hotel. The reception is on the 2nd level.
Actually, there is another route to get to the hotel, but it requires you to walk up the slope - again, not very good if you are carrying huge luggages.

The lady at the front desk didn't seem to speak English so when we told her that we were able to speak Japanese, she was really relieved. To go up to the room floors, you will need to tap the room card at the lift - a value added security point. I was quite surprised that the twin room was rather spacious - enough to fit a 40 inch TV, two beds, two arm chairs and a table inside! That aside, since it was summer in Japan, I found mosquitoes and tiny moths in the room...also there was a used tissue paper which was not removed behind the lamp by the bed...

I might consider some other hotels in future if I were to visit Sendai again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jayque33
仙台 リ, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us.
At first,we are sorry for troubling you.That is correct just as you said that it takes about 10mins from Sendai Station and there's no escalators and elevators on the way.We recommned the guest those who have a lot of luggage to come by taxi.

In addition,we appologize for cleaning deficienceis and inattentive to our English studies.
We take seriously the fact and educate the employee throughly.

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Can not recommend this hotel. Rooms were hot, ac did not work, and the breakfast was very bad and almost no choice. Internet was so slow and hardly worked. Skype was mostly not possible. Is close to the trainstation that is why I booked this hotel. Size of the room and the bathroom was good, Staff friendly and room was clean.
Close to supermarkt and restaurants.

Room Tip: Backside of the hotel has quiet rooms
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
リッチモンドホテル仙台, 支配人 at Richmond Hotel Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Tessavanweelie,

Thank you for staying with us and we really apologize for your experience.
We will make efforts to improve situation that you indicated.

Take care and safe trip.