See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We stayed two nights in Japanese type room. Room is quite small but clean and tidy. Staffs are helpful and nice. It take 6-8 minutes walk from Kochi JR station to hotel. You can visit Kochi city by walk or ride a bike. We borrowed bike from hotel free of charge.

Breakfast choice is less but taste is good.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 June 2017

This is Kochi ryoma hotel's front desk. Thank you for staying our hotel.
We were glad that we could welcome you our guest. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 night in Oct 2015. I found that what the previous reviews have mentioned are pretty accurate. Found the staff to be terrific here, very good for info and eager to please. The hotel just has a very homely vibe, so welcoming and comfortable. If I came to Kochi I'd stay here again. The only downside was the late check in at 4pm, but they'll happily hold your bags if you're early.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is basic, but clean and comfortable in the non smoking rooms. Breakfast is included and it is simple but adequate. Just a 4 min walk from kochi station and only a 5 minute walk to massive shopping mall. All in all good value for money and the concierge Komatsu is more than helpful.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2010

One of the interesting things about most of Shikoku is that there are not a lot of English explanations to everything. Even checking into many hotels I found that the staff spoke little to no English and really did not know how to deal with foreign tourists. Kochi Ryoma hotel staff were fantastic. Even those that didnt speak English were able to pull out maps, and somehow we always found what we were looking for. The rooms are clean and cute. The breakfast is hearty and it's free (yee haw). Kochi itself is not a big place, so you can pretty much walk anywhere. The hotel is close to the station so very convenient for those arriving by train. The manager has a vast knowledge of sights in the area and is very patient in explaining things. Kochi was probably my favourite area of Japan and this hotel really added to my overall enjoyment of the area.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My family and I had the BEST stay at Ryoma hotel in Kochi. It is located very close to the station, to the Kochi Castle, the Sunday market, and the famous Hirome Ichiba-food court of more than 40 local specialties shops all within a walking distance. (http://www.hirome.co.jp/hpgen/HPB/categories/12259.html)

We had booked a room with semi-double and my sister and I were going to stay together, but when we arrived, we realised semi-double was way too small for both of us to sleep comfortably so we asked if we could get a twin room instead. There was no twin room available, but the lovely gentleman at the front told me that he will bring a single bed to our room and he came within a minute to do that in a hot summer day!!
I've stayed in many 5 star hotels, but I think this hotel totally surpasses them all by their service!! I also loved the free brekky, the staff offering unbrellas, free use of the computer with fast internet, valet paring, and the list just goes on and on!
To finish up, I left behind a personal belonging, and I called then they sent it to me
within that week! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! It is AWESOME.
Can't wait to go back....!!! I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a cheap, decent place to stay. (It is not recommended for special occasion as this hotel is catagorised as "business hotel" in Japan where business men stay on their trips.)

• Stayed: August 2006