“Best udon I've eaten, made on site and to order”
Review of Waraya

Waraya
Ranked #8 of 3,236 Restaurants in Takamatsu
Price range: USD 7 - USD 9
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Best Udon I've eaten, traditional restaurant that serves very hot udon, you are supplied with a large decanter with tsuyu stock, you pour this into a smaller bowl and put some of the shredded ginger and spring onions into, you then take out the udon and put it into the tsuyu to get the flavour and then eat it. I've never done this and as I was the only Caucasian in the restaurant I was really excited, it was delicious, we also ordered tempura which was oishi, I'm told that Takamatsu is renowned for its udon, well they're right, great experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

This is my favorite udon restaurant in Kagawa. Each time I go there I will order Kama Udon and tempura. It's so good. Highly recommended if you are visiting Kagawa. Take a train that bound to Yashima Station from Takamatsu. It's about 15 minutes on foot from the station.

Reviewed 30 January 2016

This is just outside Shikoku-mura with ample free parking. When we arrived, there was a line outside and we thought they were really busy. But it was just that the counter to order was at the entrance, so people were lining up to order, but there was plenty of seating inside. So you order when you arrive, and then you’re taken to a table which has an urn of tea. You just need to pick up a cup.

We just got a standard udon bowl “肉 ふっかけ”. The large is masssssive!!!!! In hindsight, perhaps it was for sharing… Everyone else seemed to get the big udon in a wooden bowl (looks a bit like an onsen bath) and a jug of soup to share. But we wanted meat on ours, so opted for the individual bowl of udon. I also added an egg to mine for ¥100 which was a bit weird, because it was cold, and the yolk was cooked but the egg white was a little raw…

But the udon and the broth themselves were both delicious! Really nice flavour and really nice noodle texture. You can also add as much or as little condiments as you like because they’re given to you on the side.

Reviewed 13 June 2015

Dashi is so good here, you should try definitely try. They'll bring you a big jug of it for your udon.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Nice udon in this traditional testaurant in a thatchrd house. We had the traditional udon with tempura and everything was quite tasty, but you need to master the chopsticks!