All reviews aqua garden bowling alley wave pool breakfast and dinner buffet restaurant light show shuttle bus japanese resort huge hotel game center great onsen mountain side water show outdoor water nice resort hotel buildings entertainment resort
Reviewed 31 August 2016

二泊三日で滞在しました。最後の日はチェックアウト後にアクアビートで2時間だけの予定で遊んだのですが、ウォーターボール(ボールの中に入って水の上を歩くもの)をやった時に事件が起こりました。息子よりも先に始めていたら誰かが怒鳴っていて息子のボールを膨らませるのを止めました。スタッフに向かって怒鳴って怒っているのでどうしたのかと私も早めに終わって(一緒にやろうとしてたのにできなくなったので)聞いてみたところ、些細な行き違いで私たちが自分たちより先になったことでものすごい剣幕で怒っていました。私も途中で止められてしまったので話をしに行ったら暴言を吐かれ、心が痛むような言葉をぶつけてきました。スタッフは頑張って働いていましたし、マネージャーさんも私に謝ってくれましたがせっかくの楽しい旅行が台無しになってしまいました。同じ日本人としてとても残念です。スライダーの浮き輪や人の整理をテキパキやってたり、海のプールでも問題が起こらないようにしっかり監視していて留学生(?)のバイトの方たちはよくやっていると思います。
アクアガーデンも素晴らしい眺めでとっても良かったです。棚湯も友達はきれいな眺めを見て涙が出たと言ってました。心身ともにリラクスできましたね。
食事はもう少し、おいしいといいですね。二日目、グレードアップして懐石に変えましたがイマイチでした…腹の立つことはありましたがまた遊びに来たいと思います。
We stayed 2 nights. We had only 2 hours for swimming pool(Aqua Beat) after check out from the hotel.We decided to play with water ball (we can get inside of balloon and walk on the water)I started first then my son was going to come after me BUT ! one of the crazy guy was incredibly angry and shout at stuffs.
My son couldn't to play and I tried to talk to him what's going on but he bout at me and used F word to me.I felt so bad for stuffs. Most of them are foreigner and tried to help us very well. The manager also apologize to me. I just so disappointed this crazy guy was Japanese...
Anyway, we tried to enjoy our time after that.We had bad experience but we definitely will come back here.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank namisf
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed two nites to enjoy the facilities. Booked Japanese+western rooms at the main building. Two beds and area for tatami. Main building is the furthest from the major facilities. Can walk indoor through the buildings to the facilities in 5-10 minutes or they have a shuttle. Hana building is closest to the facilities.

There is a small indoor + outdoor water world with slides and wave pool (Acqua Beat). Good for kids. Less people after 4pm.

A hot spring swimming pool called acqua garden.

Two hot springs. One at main building another one at the suginoi palace-this is a bigger one and can see sun rise in early morning.

Buffet breakfast and dinner included. Good variety. Lots of people but staff quite efficient and not much wait. Avoid the real peak hours if you can.

There are also a pretty big game arcade and bowling alley.

Need to stay longer to enjoy everything.

Room tip: avoid the 5th floor as that's the walkway to e everything. It's quite busy and definitely not quiet.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Liuelai
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Great Japanese experience. Lots of things to do. Mostly all-inclusive. Have to give a great hand to the English speaking lady that checked me in on 7/20 she solved all of my problems with a smile. I wish I had noted her name. Also the hotel in general was cooperative in regard to our reservation. English map with handwritten details, great shuttle bus system. English is not a problem at this hotel, and I suspect some other language translation services are available. The dinner buffet was a treat loved by kids. Looking forward to a future visit.

Room Tip: I think Hana side is convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We booked two sea view rooms with tatami in main building. Room size is huge about 53 meters. The room is simple but facing the panoramic view of Beppu Bay. Especially the sun raise up at morning time. Beautiful picture will show you in front of you. I highly recommend to reserve the sea side room. Hotel doesn't have the connecting rooms and recommend hotel should renovate the rooms in the future.

The carpark is located on the lower ground area. You have to take the hotel shuttle bus transfer you back to hotel.

Hotel area is huge as they separate two different buildings. Main building is old but another one call Hana building is new. Both building is connecting walkway then you can walk through to Aqua Garden outdoor swimming with view and Tanayu is the hot spring but the water is not so hot. The Acquabeat is the indoor water paradise with the waving pool, adventure cave....

The dinner & breakfast buffet which is locate on basement 1. The area is big and many people walk around the buffet table. Food is good but so crowded and messy.

A lot of fun of this hotel and good for family stay. We will back again & suggest to stay as least two days.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank ETNN9099
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Suginoi for several nights in early July 2016, during a family tour of Kyushu. Had a fantastic stay.

The Suginoi is perched on the side of a hill on the southern side of Beppu, and our room had excellent views of the town and the thousands of thermal steam vents for which it is known.

We chose the Japanese style tatami room, and the whole family bunked down together.

The onsen was beautiful and had outside bathing with partial views of the ocean.

Food: Suginoi does a sensational buffet breakfast. We ate one night at the attached Italian restaurant, Azzurri, which was extremely good (I can recommend the surprisingly very tasty sea urchin creamy spaghetti). We also had a Kaiseki meal in the Japanese restaurant one night, which was delicious but challenging for our kids, even our well-travelled older ones.

A note for the cycling tragics amongst us: I had my road bike posted down to the Suginoi by Sagawa Transport, and spent a couple of very happy mornings turning myself inside out on the hills around Beppu. I mapped out a 55km loop which took in the local villages of Yufuin and Onoya. 1400m of climbing. Max 14% grade. Fabulous scenery and descents. World class riding. So good, I did it twice.

Incidentally, I recommend the village of Yufuin for a day trip. There ain't that much to do in Beppu itself.

The service at Suginoi was fantastic. English levels weren't high, but there was plenty of goodwill and effort. They happily stored my bike in the cloakroom and helped me to package it up and send it on at the end of my stay.

Prices were very reasonable.

Overall, I strongly, highly recommend the Suginoi.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family