All reviews convenient location small room non smoking japanese hotels front desk fridge tv taxi hakata luggage mins shopping
Reviewed 24 January 2018

The hotel is well located. close to the Airport and has all requirements nearby.
I found the room quite cramped compared to hotels i have stayed in. but then I believe Japan is like that, considering the shortage of space.
otherwise the Hotel was well equiped and neat and clean.
There should be a translation of the air conditioning controls in the room.
Language at the check in desk was a wee problem.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2018

I gave this a full 5 stars not because it's the best place I've ever stayed, or perhaps even the best of its type (though it's likely close), but because if you're a certain type of traveler, with a certain agenda, it's perfect. The hotel itself is well-furbished and modern. The rooms are reasonably-sized for the rate and exceptionally clean. There could be better furnishing (there's no desk, for example, to speak of). But here's what's great about it: First, it's footsteps from buses and trains, and the largest food court in Japan (I've read). You can grab a bite any time of day, and you're in the middle of everything, including fantastic and varied shops. The Net access fluctuated briefly over three days, but was almost always solid and very fast. Despite what some others have written, I found the staff superbly polite and helpful (it may help if you speak Japanese, I can't say). Anything I requested was promptly fulfilled. There's no view in many of the rooms, as they look out on an air shaft, but there's plenty of light nonetheless, and in that part of town the view isn't much anyway. So you're encouraged to get outside and walk one of the loveliest and most accommodating cities I've ever visited. If that's important to you, the location simply couldn't be better. I can highly recommend this hotel to those who want a comfortable, reasonably-priced and well-appointed room when visiting beautiful Fukuoka.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Modern decorations with small room. My room come with a queen size bed for couple and little space to move around. For the location of the hotel and cleanliness, this place is excellent. It is very close to JR Hakata Station. The entire floor is non-smoking and we like it. The room with 3 single beds is big and well designed, very comfortable for 3 persons.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Vicinity to Hakata JR Station and Bus Terminal. Lots of shoppings and restaurants nearby. Comparatively, rooms are a bit more spacious than other standard Japan hotels.
If you are going to drive, it's very convenient too, as many car rental shops are nearby too.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NatalieChoi03
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Non of the staff at the front desk gave us a greeting smile upon our check-in, which was quite a surprise to us especially we are in Japan which known as a very polite country. The staff from the front desk wasn't too helpful when we need assistance. The most disappointing us was on the last day we check-out on a typhoon day and it was pouring outside, we approached to the front desk asking if they could call a cab so we'll not caught in the heavy rains. There wasn't any other hotel guests except us at that moment, and 8 staffs behind the desk, A male staff looks like the senior ones replied straight away (not even pick up a phone to make a call or act like ones) : Calling taxi is not possible because today is Saturday, you can walk to Hakata station.

We ended up we got a taxi on our own. Unfortunately we were drenched through with rain !

ps. The rooms are fine, the breakfast was yummy.
It's a pity, one rotten apple spoils the barrel !

Room Tip: Room size of a twin room (2 queen beds) is slightly spacious than a double room (1 king bed)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple