The Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport is the only hotel located at Kansai International Airport, that is, on the island on which the airport stands - which is supposedly sinking, but I digress.
The hotel is a wonderful respite for weary travellers looking to crash before an early getaway, or after a late arrival. The airport (and hotel) is located some fifty kilometres from Osaka, and connected by bus and train, even so, I would not really be inclined to use the hotel as a base for an entire stay in Osaka - you woud be exhausted from travelling to and from the city each day.
The hotel has the longest corridors of any hotel I've seen (make sure your baggage has wheels!)
The windows of the rooms open just a tad, which I found useful becuase the room was rather warm, and I appreciated a little fresh air, even though it was March. Air conditioning can be regulated, or turned off entirely, by the room occupant.
The rooms are huge, by the way. Only the New Miyako Hotel in Kyoto has ones of a comparable size that I have personally stayed in.
A crticism is that there is a not a lot of information on the hotel restaurants in the rooms. Sure there are stands downstairs containing the respective menus, but nowhere could I find info as to if any contained a bar, or which one served breakfast. I thought this was a strange oversight, and I had to ask around myself.
The Brasserie Restaurant served an Italian buffet dinner the night I stayed, which, as Itailian buffets go, was not bad at all. As a hotel guest I got a discount (can't remember if it was 10 or 15 percent).
The rooms contain a small fridge but it is empty. There are vending machines on each corridor, but they do not have great choice save for beer, water and juice, so stock up from the convenience stores in the airport.
Staff were friendly and I enjoyed my stay here. Unfortuantely there are no views of departing aircraft, but, in spite of that, I would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel at KIX: ideal pre- or post-flight stay with direct access via a walkway from the airport. Airport resort hotel where you can enjoy a special time of luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten, KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Agoda, JAPANiCAN, Orange Marketing Services, Japan Co., Ltd., Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nikko Kansai Airport Hotel
- Nikko Kansai Airport Izumisano
- Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport Osaka Prefecture, Japan - Izumisano