We've spent one week holiday in Osaka. As we arrived Osaka from Australia at late eveing, we decided to stay at the airport area for 2 nights. We paid A$85/ngt for a semi-double room through Asiarooms.com, they charged almost same rate for a single room (1 person) and a semi-double room for 2 people, therefore, I don't expect too much on the size of the room. Eventually, I found the room is not too small (in Japanese standard) and we can still move around in the room.
The most makes us angry is their time-table for their free airport shuttle bus. On the first night when we arrive KIX is almost 9pm, and we have spent exactly 45min waiting in the long queue in front of the customs. After that, it was just 9:55pm and we run to their bus stop and expect that we can catch the free shuttle bus to the hotel. Yes, we saw a small bus (capacity for 25 passengers) at the stop, however, it was full and there were around 15 people left at the stop. We need to wait for another one hour for the next bus. We were too tired, and decided to take the taxi. We spent 3600 yen for the taxt, but the meter showed as around 2600 yen, the difference was the surcharge after 10pm. Later, we found that there was an alternative, is take the subway to their nearest station, it costs 700yen for 2 people.
On the next day, I expect to do some shopping. We had purchased a Day-pass of the Sky-shuttle bus for 200yen from the Visitor Information Centre at the airport, this is very good money value. We can have unlimited ride to the nearest shopping centres, i.e. Aeon Rinku Sennan Shopping Centre (highly recommended, good for shopping and eating) and Rinku Premium Outlets. During the day, we like to go back to the hotel for a break, however, we found that there was no hotel free bus services between 10:30am to 5pm.
The staff at the front counter are cool and not so helpful, they always show a stone face, withour any smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO KANSAI AIRPORT WASHINGTON HOTEL Kansai Airport Washington Hotel is located in Rinku, a town located on the shore opposite from Kansai International Airport (KIX). (SHUTTLE BUS TIME TABLE) KIX is the first 24-hour international airport in Japan to become a hub for the Asia-Pacific region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KNT-CT Holdings Co.,Ltd.(YOKOSO Japan), Agoda, Rakuten, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, JAPANiCAN, Fastbooking, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kansai Airport Washington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kansai Airport Washington Izumisano
- Hotel Kansai Airport Washington
- Kansai Airport Washington Hotel Osaka Prefecture, Japan - Izumisano