“Mercure Hotel Yokosuka....A Great Experience”

Mercure Hotel Yokosuka
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokosuka
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I just got back from a weeks stay at the Hotel Mercure and it was a very enjoyable experience. When I booked my reservation they did not have all of the dates available that I needed but after 3 days there, the last 2 days opened up and they extended my stay. I had also told them that I was arriving in Tokyo at 5pm and did not know how long it would take me to get there on the train. They emailed me back with very good directions on which train line to take. I took their directions with me to the train station, showed it to the clerk and purchased my ticket. 2 1/2 hours later I arrived in Yokosuka. I felt pretty good about being up for 24 hours, arriving in a country where I do not speak the language, navigating the train system in the dark and arriving at my hotel all by myself.
The hotel was extremely clean as was the room. The room was small but adequate. It had a small refrigerator so I was able to buy some take-out food and keep in the room. There was free internet in the lobby so I was able to check email daily. The hotel is centrally located and is across from a large mall. As a single female traveling alone I felt comfortable both in the hotel and in the town. I did not hesitate to go out after dark and always felt safe (although I did not go off the "main drag" alone).
My only suggestion to the hotel would be to offer room service. I had their breakfast which was good but I would have liked to order room service instead of going out every night..
The staff spoke English well enough that it was easy to communicate with them. I would not hesitate to stay there again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Yokosuka.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank rorygirl4528
There are newer reviews for Mercure Hotel Yokosuka

A TripAdvisor Member
Austin
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I would highly recommend the Mercure Hotel Yokosuka, for anyone traveling leisure or business. My husband and I stayed there for two weeks and had no problems what-so-ever except for the hotel being a little warm. Considering that was our only issue, i'd say it is an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Palmyra New York
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Great location...walkable to restaraunts and malls as well as the local Naval Base. Hotel was upscale, very clean and great service. The only downfall was the room size but this is the standard of most Japanese Hotels. Price was competitive with other hotels in the area...meals expensive at the hotel but other options in walkable range! Make sure you go to CoCos Curry...best food in the City!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

An Accor traveller
Honolulu
Reviewed 18 December 2010

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yokosuka
Hotel Harbour Yokosuka
Hotel MyStays Yokohama
Hotel MyStays Yokohama
#35 of 114 in Yokohama

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Yokosuka

Been to Mercure Hotel Yokosuka? Share your experiences!