All reviews odori station cruise terminal pre cruise buffet breakfast electronic toilet japanese food walking distance to chinatown minute walk small room yogurt hotel is located yamashita park on the small side world porters convenient location nippon line
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Great location if you want to visit the waterfront or China Town. A 2km walk to the big shopping area but very doable and enjoyable. Traditional business style hotel with very small rooms. Comfortable, clean and good value.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily L
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

I stayed there for 8 days. The room was clean but small. Also, the stuff are friendly and its location is pretty good. Walking distance from all the sightseeing spots in Yokohama.
One miner complain I have that wallpaper was cracked and needs to replace. This hotel has a JAL brand on top so I expected a little more high standard. I guess I got what I have paid for.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank yumilet
Reviewed 12 July 2015

we stayed there in august last year
we had the misfortune that some of our money got missing there
we did not find out until we reach another hotel which was located several hours from there when we phoned for inquiry to ask of we forgot it perhaps there the money purse they where very rude and instead of asking around they just told us they could not help
The location was in fact very good ,but I do not think I will go back there, other JAL hotels or very good this was the first unfortunate experience

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niwatoriusagi
Reviewed 27 June 2015

My colleague and I came for a conference that was held at the Yokohama Conference center. We were very satisfied with our stay at Hotel JAL. While the room was small, we came to realize later in our trip that this is pretty characteristic of most hotel rooms in Japan. The beds and the bathroom were amazing, and the hotel was very clean. We were within 5 minutes walking distance to Yokohama Chinatown and the closest MRT station, which was super convenient! There are also many places to eat within walking distance, and the harbor as well as downtown Yokohama where our conference was held were within 25 minutes walking distance. My favorite part was the breakfast buffet in the morning--it was lovely! Both continental and Japanese food options, with a wide variety of foods. They were nice about holding our bags at the concierge after check-out, too. Overall, it was a great deal for our money and I would likely stay there again if ever in Yokohama.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank zaynahc
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

I chose this hotel because it is within walking distance (even with heavy bags) to the International Cruise Terminal. It turned out also to be of great value for money. The hotel is modern, clean and the staff very helpful. Great wifi too. It is also very close to the Yokohama China Town, very convenient for those who want to try Chinese food.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple