1,798 results
All reviewslandmark toweramazing viewsroyal parktop floorcity viewamazing hotelhighest buildingshopping mallart museummt fujicover chargethe upper floorsferris wheelgreat roomyou'd expectcorner roomminato mirai
Reviewed 17 January 2012

i stayed in yokohama for 1 month & tried 3 hotel, this is the best i've stayed. hotel rooms are located from level 52-70 makes all it's room has a spectacular view. the room size is spacious with great amenities. cleanliness is good. though check-in counters are limited, but they are quite fast. most staffs are minimum english, but they are very helpful. shopping complex is located in the same building, makes it very convenient to find restaurant to eat, buying groceries, shopping, etc. hard rock cafe is nearby also! Cosmo theme park is just across the road. the rapid train is also very nearby.

Room Tip: request for ferris wheel view. you can get free room upgrade if you stayed more than 10 days.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Miasophie
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed at Yokohama Royal Park Hotel for 5 days, and it was almost perfect stay.

Lowest floor with guest room is the 52nd floor - so even at the most basic room, you get stunning view! We were on 54th floor facing the city (as rooms facing the bay is more pricy), and LOVED the view; our room faced north, so we could see all the way to central Tokyo. It was really stunning at night too.

I say 'almost' perfect 'cos I found some service was not up to what suppose to be their standard: on arrival before check in times, other hotels have taken our name then our luggage, and by the time we checked in they'd have taken our luggage to the room as well. However, at Yokohama Royal Park, we were shooed away from the front desk and told to report to the concierge who took our luggage without checking our names! We could have been any random person who wanted to dump our cases! Was *not* impressed.

Also the food/drinks are very very expensive. We wanted to go for a drink in the Sky Lounge at the top floor, but we bulked at cover charge they were going to put - which was more expensive than a price of one cocktail. Again, not really impressed - cover charge should not apply to hotel guests.

And internet was NOT free. When in day and age that 2* business hotel provides internet for free, I was very disappointed.

But, the above two things aside, we had perfect service from all staff were polite and very helpful.

Room Tip: I can read/write Japanese, so I was able to find their 90day Early Value Booking offer, where if you book between 60 days and 90 days before your stay, you get quite a bit of discount. Not sure if English website shows the same offer or not. It might be worth phoning them up when booking and ask about the Early Value Booking offer. Rooms facing the bay is more expensive, but City view rooms offers equal or better view IMHO.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Silkchild_77
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The hotel is located in the central business district and is the central focul point for a large complex of modern buildings. for UK visitors it is similar to our London Docklands and for the US, it is similar to Baltimore's inner harbour development.

The hotel is stunning, the highlight is the moment you walk in to the room and pull the curtains aside. what met us was a stunning view of Yokohama Harbour and waterfront.

The hotel is very well equipped, is located next too the station and has all the facilities that you would expect from a top hotel.

The staff are great, they can't do enough to help and are very polite.

There are lots of shopping centres and a large amusement park, dozens of bars and restaurants. And a must is a visit to the Cup Noodle Museum.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spectacular, we had a harbour side view and it was awesome.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank lee1pen
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed on the 52nd floor of this hotel, overlooking the harbor, with sweeping views of the city. At night, it was amazing. I found everything about this hotel to be excellent. It's in a great location, very convenient to trains, shopping, restaurants. My room was very comfortable and the price I paid was very good-not expensive. However, it was a bit pricier than the Royal Park Shiodome in Tokyo, which I thought was interesting...because the Shiodome facility was a slightly higher quality, in my opinion, even though this hotel is excellent. A previous reviewer mentioned something about the room key-yeah, it is very cool (and memorable)...weighs a lot, though, if you carry it in a pocket or purse. I visited the Yokohama Art Museum which is almost next door, within short, easy walking distance. There are plenty of nice places to stroll around the area including the Minato-Mirai area and along the harbor. Nearby, is the Cup Noodles Museum which opened in September of this year. It was very interesting and about much more than instant noodles! There are great interactive displays if you are traveling with children and you can create your own cup noodles, including the packaging. I guess I'm the only person that didn't know about this. During a tour in Korea I was told that "it is very famous." Then, a relative told me the same thing when I got home! The YRPH was a great base to travel from, with easy access to Sakuragicho Station. I visited Kamakura for a day and enjoyed seeing a couple shrines there and shopping...and, of course, visiting Daibutsu (the Great Buddha). I had a great stay at this hotel and would definitely stay there again! I highly recommend it for service, value, location and the views!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Favzoz
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Located between the 52nd and 70th floors of Landmark Tower, the country's highest building, rooms have magnificent views. Mine looked out into the harbour and local precinct.
Rooms are of pretty good size, including flat screen TV, minibar, all tea and coffee making facilities, clean bathroom, the mandatory japanese bidet and great water pressure. Wired internet is provided Free of Charge, but you'll have to ask for the UserID from reception.
A large shopping centre is annexed to the hotel, where you will find many restaurants, cafes, some convenience stores amongst shopping. Stores close a 8pm but access to the hotel is shut down at 11pm, when the convenience store closes.

The Airport Limousine Bus comes round at regular intervals (once every 90 minutes on average) to take you to Narita (at 3,500 yen) or Haneda airport, the former quoted at taking 120 minutes to get there. I missed this bus, took a cab to the Yokohama City Air Terminal (YCAT), a journey which took 90 minutes.
Don't miss the views during breakfast on the 70th floor (western cuisine) and the 68th floor (Japanese cuisine). I simply love the service here! Most recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have magnificent views but may get too large a dose of the morning sun to enjoy the views with.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business