See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2017

This property needs to be avoided at all costs. Its just awful. They charged me Y74,000 because they confused my booking done online by my office with another random individual ! It has taken them nearly TWO months to understand the problem and reverse the payment. In doing so, they paid according to the present currency exchange rate so I ended up not getting the entire amount due to me ! The problem is their almost complete inability to understand English. At the time of checking in, their front-desk staff (who don't speak a word of English) couldn't tell the difference between my name and the name of another client. They asked for my card as a guarantee but ended up charging the card thinking I am the other client on their system. And that client ended up getting a free hotel stay because I had paid for him ! It has taken at least 10 emails and phone calls to try and explain to them that they had wrongly charged me and frankly, it was purely by coincidence that one of their associates who does speak basic English chanced upon the error they made (i.e they couldn't tell the difference between two names). They have apologised by frankly I am shocked at their ineptitude. The worst stay ever at a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We stayed here New Years Eve and as we needed a hotel room relatively last minute, hotel options in the area were limited. We selected this hotel mainly due to its location. It was very conveniently located near the train station as well as in walking distance to the Cosmo World area and related nearby sites as well as China Town. We expected a small room, but wow was it TINY! While clean, the hallway and rooms were also incredibly hot. We turned off the heater on the wall but the heat continued to turn on and off throughout the night leading us to open the window in the middle of winter, and the room was still hot! The hotel served its purpose for a one night stay but we will not be returning.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ohio S
Reviewed 5 January 2017

room size is small but it has many Amenities to support your stay. location is easy to access, easy to find cheap food, easy to hangout or visit Yokohama sightseeing points. I suggest to choose non-smoking room, if you are not smoker.

Room Tip: non-smoking room, if you are not smoker. high floor
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I stayed in APA Hotel Yokohama Kannai for 3 days. The first impression was hotel's service was good. The connection to my TV set in the room was not working and I reported this to the reception. Feedback was taken seriously and repaired was done immediately by the hotel staff. Thumbs up for that! Room was clean but was exceptionally small even for Asians like me. Not very spacious especially in the bathroom where I found myself knocking onto the wall, sink or bathtub. I had been to other similar chain hotels like APA but this chain has really tiny rooms. I have seen many Japanese staying in this hotel during my stay there. Perhaps, rooms are meant for travellers who are used to tiny room space. Location was near Kannai station which was one stop away from Sakuragicho station where you could find most of the places of interests in Yokohama. The hotel was also near 7 eleven and along the main streets of the road. However, my overall stay there was pleasant and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 December 2016

The location of the hotel was great. The staff was helpful. But there was some kind of terrible odor in the hallway outside my room. Luckily, it didn't seep into my room, but it was pretty unpleasant. My room, though small, was kept clean.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo