“Big park with many attractions”

Ikuta Ryokuchi Park
Ranked #3 of 191 things to do in Kawasaki
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This was my first time to visit this park. We arrived for the Minkaen (folk houses) museum, but before enter that, we decided to go to Ikuta Ryokuchi. This is a very big park, with a small science museum, two exhibited trains, many benches and rest places (builded by wood). When we came, there were many locals, kids, but was not crowded. This park can be perfect also for joggers, my husband often visited here with dog. I liked it, I will come back again, because we are not living far.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I walked from Fujiko F Fujio Museum about 5 minutes to the top of a hill that is full of blooming flowers! The weather is just nice in Oct 2016. We prepared a simple picnic to enjoy the 'living among flowers'. I recommend this place for whoever need to wait for their ticket time at the museum. Just grab some simple snack and enjoy the view!

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Very happy to discover such a nice place for a walk/jog. The park is very big and there is a museum, cafe/restaurant, old houses. Loved by local people to enjoy the nature in the busy city.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Just west of Tokyo's busy Shinjuku station on the Odakyu Line's Mukogaokayuen station, is Kawasaki City. Ikuta Ryokuchi Park is a short walk just south of the station. This is a very popular attraction because it has a variety of features in one location.
My favorite places in the park are the observation tower and the open-air museum which is a village of buildings from a past era with information about the previous residents. Ah! I love history. There's also a science center/planitarium & an art museum. "You've gotta have art!" The park itself has trails that lead through beautiful gardens, rice patties, past a bamboo forest and play area. There is so much to do. I can't see getting tired of visiting this park for a long time.

1  Thank bjp257
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 May 2013

After visiting the Folk House Museum I stumbled on this gem at the end of the trail. Fountains that the kids could play in, picnic tables AND a cafe (good food at reasonable prices but limited menu). Flower buffs will (depending on season) love the various areas with beautiful displays of Irises (June), Hydrangea Mountain (summer) and Azalea Mountain (April/May). The Wild Bird Park is worth a visit too. But don't miss the Folk House Village.

1  Thank Mandy N