See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2014

We are staying here for nearly a month. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Everything is at your doorstep, express subway stop, buses to both airports, mall with every type of store you would need. We are here on business and appreciate all the conveniences. The room is very nice, we have a king sized bed, desk, nice sized room. We have the breakfast option. Most dishes are eggs, (omelet, fried, boiled, scrambled) or waffles. But if you let them know the day before you can order a fruit plate or a sandwich. Breakfast also includes a salad and the continental buffet - yogurt, corn flakes, and fruit cup. Only addition I would add is fresh fruit. I would definitely stay here again. Close by is an excellent Italian restaurant called Ottantotto- superb! The Japanese restaurant in the hotel is also very good.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank LeisuristNYC
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The entrance is about 30 metres from Shin Yurigaoka Station on the Odakyu Line (20 mins by express to Shinjuku). Shin-Yurigaoka is a good place to stay because it's close enough to the big Yamanote Line attractions (Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku &c.) and the more trendy Shimo-Kitazawa without being chaotic, but is reasonably sized itself. Good wee bars and restaurants nearby, and plenty of Americanised cafes for those who prefer their overseas trips to be less overseasy. Didn't eat in the hotel restaurants but assume they're the usual high standard you'd expect in a four-star Japanese hotel.
I was in the cheapest room so it was compact and on the less panoramic side of the hotel, but a friend stayed in a more expensive room a few years back with more space and an outstanding view.
They always seemed to have at least one staff member working who spoke English.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed 4 nights in January,
Nice, quiet and comfortable hotel in this convenient location. Next to the Shin-Yuri Station with many shops and restaurants nearby. Hotel Entrance was not easy to find at arrival in the evening.
Hotel is on top of a department store with direct access. 3 floors of rooms cleverly built around a courtyard. Nice breakfast served in the restaurant. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BPK123
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed here 3 nights. Coach from international airport takes about 2 hours depending on traffic and time of day/night. If arriving on cooach with luggage- take the lift up which is nearby to coach stop. Be careful because the entrance to hotel is slightly down a quiet mall area from the shops and elevators/lifts. I did get a bit lost for a few minutes until I discovered this as not well sign posted (and in Japanese).
The staff are very welcoming in all aspects at reception and resturants. Great breakfasts with nice variety! I also had dinner here and very tasty. As with most motels in Japan you have to pay for internet.
Plenty of shopping nearby and great variety and great prices. Also many resturants nearby. This is my 4th trip to Japan but for first-timers may be challenging due to lack of English signs. Many of the staff will help the traveller with limited English sometimes.

Room Tip: Try and get room with a view over the courtyard. For smokers need to request non-smoking floor (and then it still does smell a bit)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed in Hotel Molino as a starting point before moving into an apartment near shinyurigaoka. Hotel Molino is the hotel my workplace uses as accommodation for new staff.

Every time I travel with my husband, we stay in budget hotels, so Hotel Molino was a nice treat for us. We took advantage of the breakfast offered in the hotel restaurant, which was delicious and varied.

The hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from shinyurigaoka station, so we were within walking distance of all the eateries and department stores.

I have nothing but positives to say about the hotel, it made a nice change from what I was used to. The king sized bed was great, as was the service. I would definitely stay there again, even with the prices as they are. Worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012