Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Laura G
Mahwah, New Jersey

I completely enjoyed my stay here and going naked at the Onsen

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Nov 2016
I completely enjoyed my stay here. If you are sumo sized, plan on staying and enjoying this hotel, bring your own robe and slippers. I am 3X. I anticipated nothing would fit and came prepared. Otherwise enjoy the hotel provided robes and slippers. I encourage you to experience the Onsen (hot springs). It took a little effort to go to the shared Onsen, but once I was there it was great. I never needed to shower in my room. I missed it when we left. The hotel seems, to an American, very casual because everyone is walking around in robes. At breakfast people wore robes having come from the Onsen. We also had all our meals at the hotel. They were delicious and GREAT! The breakfast was buffet. The dinners were incredible Japanese fare; look at the pics I provided. We were lucky to see a performance of traditional Japanese instruments. Overall the hotel has a shabby (sheek) feel. The rooms are worn and the Onsen has old plumbing. For me this added to the ambiance.
Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Mount View Hakone
Ryokan
A Ryokan is a traditional Japanese accommodation which typically features ‘futon’ (folding mattresses) on ‘tatami’ (straw mat) floors. Many Ryokan are known for their public baths (typically "Onsen" hot springs) and their traditional cuisine. 24/7 front desk service is not guaranteed for this accommodation type.

Mount View Hakone

AU$346
    AU$387
8.8 km from Hakone Hotel Kagetsuen
Restaurant
Room with open air bath (SUISAI)
AU$393

• Trip.com
  • Priceline
4.3 km from Hakone Hotel Kagetsuen
View more hotels in Hakone-machi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Although your room might not look out on either mountain, there are beautiful views from the roof, if the weather cooperates. And the sunrise over Mt. Hakone in October was gorgeous, with vapor from the base of Mt. Hakone ascending into the sky. Breakfasts and the specially arranged dinners for our tour group were very good. The room was quite adequate although there was enough of a smoke smell, that it helped to open the window. I did not try the onsens (a bit hot for me at over 100 degrees F) although the members of our group who did, enjoyed them, especially those who used one of the four private ones. My only disappointment was the lack of a ryokan feel, at least in my room -- no tatami mats, no shoji screen, no low tables, no futon. This may however, been a choice of the tour company. So, if you want more of a ryokan feel, book a Japanese, rather than a western, room.

Room tip: Check with booking agency for rooms with views of Fuji or Hakone.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2016

This hotel was very pleasant, with helpful staff and excellent food. Also, the onsens (hot baths) were an interesting experience. The only problem we had was with the smell of cigarette smoke. The first room we were shown to absolutely stank, really, really disgusting. The second one was by comparison much better, but still to non smokers it was most unpleasant. Apparently they don't have any rooms for non smokers. If you complain they just spray the room with something to try to disguise the smell. Very silly of them I think, because in every other way this is a great place to stay. The views of Mt Fuji from the roof are amazing!

Date of stay: December 2015
3  Thank Wendy G
Reviewed 13 December 2015

I and my wife stayed in this hotel for 2 nights as a part of group tour and greatly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is nestled on the hills and has great hot springs bath with facilities for private bath. Our room was simple with 2 beds and a part with tatami floors. The staff both at the reception and the restaurant was friendly and efficient. Th hotel provided us with Yakuta and jackets for me & my wife and it was a very novel experience for us. We had Japanese style banquet dinner for 2 nights and the food was superb in taste and presentation with excellent service. The breakfast had good spread of traditional Japanese dishes complemented with simple western style breakfast fare. The Wi-Fi worked well. We got great views of surrounding mountain and of the Mount Fuji from the hotel roof top. Don't forget to seize the opportunity for a great photo of the ever elusive Mt. Fuji.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2015
1  Thank Sharu123
Reviewed 4 December 2015

The hotel looks modern but it is a Ryokan with onsens (Japanese baths) on two levels. They rotate when the upstairs one is for females and the basement for males and vice versa. They are very relaxing. They have both western rooms with beds and Japanese rooms with tatami mats and futons. Our double room had beds but also an area with a low table for eating. Our room was quite large but I was told that the single rooms were very small. The hotel is in the country and, if the weather cooperates, you will have great views, probably from any room. You can also go up to the roof for views. Breakfast is Japanese and western. We had very good multi-course meals there but we were in a group so I don't know what they serve if you are not in a group.

Date of stay: November 2015
3  Thank wrbvvf
Reviewed 30 October 2015

If non-smoking rooms are a necessity don't stay here as there are none. Had to change rooms because first room smelled of cigarette smoke, mustiness and the air conditioning didn't work. 2nd room better, but still marginal.
Public hot springs are in poor condition, especially the basement level.
Staff polite. Breakfast and dinners were good. Not much of a view and not near anything.
Would never stay here again.

Room tip: Find a different hotel in the area with hot springs.
Date of stay: October 2015