Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Santosa K

THE WORST !!!

Review of Tensui Saryo
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jan 2023via mobile
THE WORST !!!

I have stayed in ryokan more than 50times, this is the worst!

It was overprice!

The room was very “tired” and very old.
The food experience was very very bad compare the price we paid.

The good thing is the staff, as you all know, most of Japanese is very good and kind.
Date of stay: January 2023
    AU$269
    AU$311
5.0 km from Tensui Saryo
Restaurant
Room with open air bath (SUISAI)
AU$224
  • Rakuten Travel
    AU$599
4.8 km from Tensui Saryo
View more hotels in Hakone-machi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2020 via mobile

We really enjoyed this Onsen and hotel. Japanese style with private open air bath. They give you Yukata to wear as well. Can’t say enough good about the whole experience. I highly recommend and can’t wait to go back.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank joehO6919NR
Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

This property is less than 100m from Gora station which is a key bus transport hub to get to many places in hakone including to gotemba and kawaguchiko. This is the most critical for us for our travel movement and meals outside. Its amazingly convenient and the connectivity made a great impact as we are on our own and first timers to hakone region.

The room is spacious and comfortable. We took the Japanese style with mattresses. There was also daily 1 hour booking of private open air hot bath at the top level of hotel overseeing the hills. We used it once in the afternoon before sunset and had the opportunity to see the scenery.

Breakfast was part of the room and the menu alternated from day1 and day2. Lobby bar was a foot bath. Staff were friendly and some could manage English. If they can't, they will get another colleague who can to assist. No issues with wifi throughout. No regrets of staying here.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay while in Hakone area. It’s an easy train ride up the mountain and short walk to hotel. If you’re traveling with bags this is easy and avoids buses which are harder to navigate. From the welcome drink and treats at the footpath bar to the beautiful breakfasts and dinner, this place has Japanese hospitality down and at a fair price. The private Onsen is essentially in a hot tub, but you need something to hold the hot springs water.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DaakRitz
Reviewed 21 July 2019

Feels like I spent forever and a day trying to research the best onsen ryokan for a trip to Hakone. After my last ryokan experience, where the entire ryokan smelled like a thousand year old foot, I've become obsessive over the research component. I've suffered crippling self doubt over whether there's a private bathroom. It's a genuine roller coaster of surfing reviews and studying pictures. If you feel the same, just book Tensui Saryo and go.

Everything here was excellent. We wanted for nothing during our weekend getaway. The service is impeccable. From the moment you set foot inside, they bring you to the foot bath bar and offer you a glass of sparkling wine. Then we chose times to book our complimentary private bath and hot stone bath. The level of service is so good that when we finished, we found they had turned our shoes around so we didn't have to fuss with putting them on, Admittedly, we skipped dinner and went to Itoh by Nobu up the street so I can't comment on the dinner. But everything else was just amazing.

Also, I'm a coffee fanatic and the combination of a burr grinder and a long goose neck water kettle in the room made for a fantastic pour over: miles above the crappy coffee I've had in, I dunno, every hotel room I've stayed in ever. The fact that I could grind it while sitting in my own private balcony onsen bath is just gravy.

Seriously, just go.

Date of stay: July 2019
8  Thank whatyearisthis
Reviewed 13 July 2019 via mobile

Lovely entrance and welcome drink, but all downhill from there. Advertised WiFi through out property but the WiFi in my room didn’t work at all. Then, as I was lying on the bed trying to connect to WiFi I got a rash from the pillow! Where the pillow touched my skin it had gone bright red! Never has this happened before in my life. I immediately sent photos to a friend who is a consultant physician who advised either dust mites or a very toxic detergent. Obviously not possible to sleep in the bed. I checked out and into the Hyatt straight away. That was far better, no dust mites and perfect WiFi. The Manager however apologized when I left and said he’d never had any issues with the WiFi or pillows before. Now I’ve read some of the other reviews here I can see other people have complained. Hugely overpriced and awful experience.

Date of stay: July 2019