Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
9357MarkY
Singapore, Singapore

Excellent location

Review of Tensui Saryo
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Jan 2020via mobile
This property is less than 100m from Gora station which is a key bus transport hub to get to many places in hakone including to gotemba and kawaguchiko. This is the most critical for us for our travel movement and meals outside. Its amazingly convenient and the connectivity made a great impact as we are on our own and first timers to hakone region.

The room is spacious and comfortable. We took the Japanese style with mattresses. There was also daily 1 hour booking of private open air hot bath at the top level of hotel overseeing the hills. We used it once in the afternoon before sunset and had the opportunity to see the scenery.

Breakfast was part of the room and the menu alternated from day1 and day2. Lobby bar was a foot bath. Staff were friendly and some could manage English. If they can't, they will get another colleague who can to assist. No issues with wifi throughout. No regrets of staying here.
Date of stay: January 2020
    AU$995
  • Rakuten Travel
1.2 km from Tensui Saryo
View more hotels in Hakone-machi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay while in Hakone area. It’s an easy train ride up the mountain and short walk to hotel. If you’re traveling with bags this is easy and avoids buses which are harder to navigate. From the welcome drink and treats at the footpath bar to the beautiful breakfasts and dinner, this place has Japanese hospitality down and at a fair price. The private Onsen is essentially in a hot tub, but you need something to hold the hot springs water.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank DaakRitz
Reviewed 21 July 2019

Feels like I spent forever and a day trying to research the best onsen ryokan for a trip to Hakone. After my last ryokan experience, where the entire ryokan smelled like a thousand year old foot, I've become obsessive over the research component. I've suffered crippling self doubt over whether there's a private bathroom. It's a genuine roller coaster of surfing reviews and studying pictures. If you feel the same, just book Tensui Saryo and go.

Everything here was excellent. We wanted for nothing during our weekend getaway. The service is impeccable. From the moment you set foot inside, they bring you to the foot bath bar and offer you a glass of sparkling wine. Then we chose times to book our complimentary private bath and hot stone bath. The level of service is so good that when we finished, we found they had turned our shoes around so we didn't have to fuss with putting them on, Admittedly, we skipped dinner and went to Itoh by Nobu up the street so I can't comment on the dinner. But everything else was just amazing.

Also, I'm a coffee fanatic and the combination of a burr grinder and a long goose neck water kettle in the room made for a fantastic pour over: miles above the crappy coffee I've had in, I dunno, every hotel room I've stayed in ever. The fact that I could grind it while sitting in my own private balcony onsen bath is just gravy.

Seriously, just go.

Date of stay: July 2019
8  Thank whatyearisthis
Reviewed 13 July 2019 via mobile

Lovely entrance and welcome drink, but all downhill from there. Advertised WiFi through out property but the WiFi in my room didn’t work at all. Then, as I was lying on the bed trying to connect to WiFi I got a rash from the pillow! Where the pillow touched my skin it had gone bright red! Never has this happened before in my life. I immediately sent photos to a friend who is a consultant physician who advised either dust mites or a very toxic detergent. Obviously not possible to sleep in the bed. I checked out and into the Hyatt straight away. That was far better, no dust mites and perfect WiFi. The Manager however apologized when I left and said he’d never had any issues with the WiFi or pillows before. Now I’ve read some of the other reviews here I can see other people have complained. Hugely overpriced and awful experience.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Travels_No_Baggage
Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

First the positives. This was my first stay at a Japanese traditional hotel. As you entered the hotel you get to pick your traditional clothes. There is a nice reception area and a bar where you can soak your feet in hot water as you have a drink. Our room was excellent. There was outdoor hot water bath. Room was large and bathroom was also nice. There was a device that looked like a hybrid baby bottle warmer/ rice Cooker. We have no idea why it was there. There was a Tv but all channels were Japanese. Internet was so so but not bad. There were four sets of shoes, one for the private hot bath area, one for toilet, one to walk around outside the room and one to walk inside the room! There was a strange looking coffee maker with coffee beans. There was beer, water and soft drinks in the room that was free. I would say the arrangement was nice indeed. Now the negative. You judge a hotel by the quality of staff and their willingness to work with the guest. We had our evening Japanese meal which was underwhelming primarily because of our taste buds. Unfortunately they failed in that department. We did not want to waste food so we opted not to eat at the restaurant. Staff member on evening shift (short haired overweight gentleman) evasive when asked if they could accommodate some of our guests who could not stand the smell of Japanese food to no avail. He simply did not care and seemed to be miffed. He could have told us that they ddI have Darjeeling tea and milk. He lied and said there was no milk! Next day when I complained to the young lady the following morning milk and cereals appeared for breakfast for two of our guests. Japanese breakfast was excellent. The young lady got us one, just one non Japanese tea bag. I have to admit that we were all at fault for not anticipating the Japanese dinner but so it goes.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Nishendu
Reviewed 11 May 2019

We spent one night in a third-floor tatami room which had its own onsen (hot tub) on the balcony. The view across the valley to a tree-covered hillside was great, and even better while soaking in the tub. The room was large (11 or 12 mats), and the en suite bathroom was also large and clean. The ryokan provided two beers and two ciders for free in the little refrigerator. Our kaiseki breakfast featured many little dishes, almost all of which we enjoyed; the grilled fish was particularly good. The staff was friendly and helpful, though there was one small misunderstanding that took 3 or 4 minutes to clear up. We've stayed at four or five ryokan in different locations over the past few years, and enjoyed this one the most. Out of the way, high on a mountain in Hakone; but if you are making the loop, it's a great place to rest.

Room tip: Ask for one of the rooms with its own onsen (hot tub).
Date of stay: May 2019