See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed in 2 room suite "Tsubaki" with private outdoor hot springs bath. Two rooms separated by hallway and 1 full bath with toilet just adjacent to bathroom so if someone taking a bath can have privacy yet toilet available for others. Recommend for family reunions.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2016

We had a pleasant one night stay at this hotel which is reasonably well located for exploring the Hakone area. The manager was very helpful to us making a couple of special trips in the hotel shuttle bus to and from the Hakone station, to collect our luggage so we could explore the area and then later to pick us up to take us back to the hotel. His English is good. The hotel is comfortable and well presented. We had no booked the tradition dinner but they have a very good dinner buffet where some of the main dishes are cooked fresh by the Chef – good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2016

We stayed here for two nights in a traditional room. The room was for Japanese standards very big. There is a free sauna in the hotel next to some great onsen baths (indoor and outdoor) getting to the hotel was easy with an shuttle bus. It is nog near a city centre so you are dependent of the hotel kitchen. We only took breakfast and that was ok.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Check in was done as a group and was quick and easy.
This hotel is a traditional Japanese Inn so the rooms are not like western hotel rooms. We all had Japanese style rooms. The main room is covered with tatami mats and the seating is on the floor. The futon was made up while we were eating dinner. Yukata's were supplied in all rooms and worn by all of us for our included dinners.
Wifi was only accessible from the lounge area.
If you stay at this hotel, you should take a communal bath.
I was in 2 minds about taking a bath before I visited here but decided that "when in Rome" and I'm so glad that I did. The ritual before bathing is very "cleansing/relaxing". I thought I would be embarrassed, bathing in the nude with women that I did not know but the bath itself is so warming and relaxing that the nudity just isn't a consideration.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We stayed in 2 traditional Japanese style rooms as we were a group of 6 friends. The hotel is gorgeous. The hot pools/ spa area is amazing and the all you can eat buffet that was included in our room price was to die for.

Amazing value for money, great service and very comfortable. Both our rooms were on the 3rd floor with views of the waterfall. Very romantic!

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and Hakone to all my friends and family that visit Japan.

Room Tip: Corner rooms facing the waterfall are beautiful
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends