Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jorbrele
San Jose, Costa Rica

Great Experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Oct 2023
We got a Japanese style room, and the experience was great. The staff prepared our beds while we were having dinner and when we returned to our room, everything was setup for a good rest. Breakfast were great and delicious. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2023
    AU$696
4.8 km from Hakone Pax Yoshino
Private Hot Spring Area
Ryokan
A Ryokan is a traditional Japanese accommodation which typically features ‘futon’ (folding mattresses) on ‘tatami’ (straw mat) floors. Many Ryokan are known for their public baths (typically "Onsen" hot springs) and their traditional cuisine. 24/7 front desk service is not guaranteed for this accommodation type.

Yoshiike Ryokan

AU$610
    AU$652
5.9 km from Hakone Pax Yoshino
Free parking
Room with open air bath (SUISAI)
AU$449

AU$177
    AU$198
4.9 km from Hakone Pax Yoshino
View more hotels in Hakone-machi
All reviews train station private onsen table tennis traditional room tourist town tatami floor cost yen hot spring water yoshinoya dinner bath english hakone japan dishes slippers
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2023

I was really looking forward to this hotel as the picture presents it well. What the pictures does not: The hotel smells of mould. So there is not one place in the hotel that does not smell. We could have the windows open but i cannot imagine how the smell would creep into every pore with windows closed.The hotel is located a 12 min walk from the station which is ok, so with luggage its easy to get there. Rooms are spacious. I booked a room which I thought would have view to the nature. It had, partly but we mainly saw the parking lot. Paid for included food in situ. Had breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was basic and ok. Dinner consisted of several fares. It was clean and fresh, but not especially tasty. Staff was nice.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Firstrow100
Reviewed 4 July 2023 via mobile

Amazing staff.

We came here as part of a 2 week tour of Japan to experience traditional type rooms and dining. We were given a large room with a small wooden tub. I think our travel agent had severely miscommunicated what a private onsen would be, so we were a little underwhelmed. However, the staff at the front desk especially the manager were exceptional in trying their best to help. It all gets quite frustrating with language barriers yet they really did want to ensure we had the best stay. We used the private onsen as we didn’t feel comfortable using the public one. This was amazing and my skin has never felt so good. And much needed after days of sight seeing.

Food wasn’t to my taste as I don’t eat fish, my daughter on the other hand was in heaven with the beautifully presented food. Please ensure you let the hotel know before hand if you have any food allergies as they will do their best to help.

Two ladies came to set up our beds and also helped and talked us through wearing the yukata. (Dressing is not part of their service, we were lucky to have such helpful staff arrive)

The main manager on the desk (we stayed 3/7/23) was the shining star for us. He was so helpful he made me cry happy tears. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room tip: Ensure food allergies are made known prior to booking
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2023 via mobile

Situated around a 10-15 minute walk from the train station the hotel is easy to get to. The staff were friendly and there was bag storage for those arriving before check in. The room was pretty cool more traditional Japanese than our Tokyo hotel. We had dinner included which wasn't to our taste but we are quite fussy! The highlight though was hiring the private onsen for an hour this cost 3300 Yen around £21 well worth the money!

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2023

I read great reviews about Hakone Pax Yoshino. It's an older hotel in a tourist town and appears quite nice. My room was OK, large and could use some updating. My traditional dinner and service was spectacular, hence my 3-star rating. What tainted a one-night stay is I was traveling with a vegetarian friend and not only was she shut out of a dinner she paid for, but the front desk agent said they couldn't accommodate her, there would be no refund or substitutions, because we were traveling as solos we couldn't sit together - so many "couldn'ts" that were simply not true. This tainted my stay and I went alone to dinner - plenty of room for another person - which was great. I was embarrassed that I had picked this hotel for friends to stay separately and upon arrival was told that our plan didn't include meals, which they sure did. So, at the front desk for about $300 per night, everything is "couldn't". Breakfast was just OK compared to dinner. I loved wearing the yakata and having hot spring water in the room's tub (which could use updating) was nice. In the morning, I was told to reserve a spot on a shuttle to the train station for what reason, I'm not sure. When no shuttle showed up for me, my friend and others waiting - and waiting - and waiting - we were then told that the shuttle doesn't always show up. Why the reservation for something that doesn't happen? The front desk could not request a cab, another "couldn't". Since most of us leaving had trains to catch and tours scheduled, we walked the 15 minutes or so to the station in the rain. I saw other guests I met while waiting also drenched at the station. In short, I'm not impressed though so much of Japan has impressive accommodations and kindness. Hakone Pax Yoshino falls short. For that reason, I wouldn't stay again and don't recommend it. Too bad, because the traditional dinner and restaurant serving staff are top notch. I'm sure the chef - and a dinner this good has to have a chef - would have said to serve a vegetarian rice, vegetables, desserts of which there were several as well as a large drink menu and other dishes - and the experience would have been better. Unfortunate that the front desk person we had could only say no, you don't have, we can't. Well, I think they could have. Very sad.

Room tip: Hotel is old and needs updating. Rooms are spacious, clean but worn. Front desk is chaotic, some nice, English spoken.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank artcele372
Reviewed 24 March 2023

I have never written reviews before but the experience at this hotel merits one. I had booked a room through JapanICsn here and paid a good amount. This included dinner. Upon arrival I requested vegetables and fruit. To my dismay the staff was extremely rude and refused to provide fruits or vegetables for dinner. I understand that the menu was mostly meat and fish but for $400 a night at least something could have been provided. I have had very good experience with Japanese people but the staff here was just terrible and extremely rude. Also my friend and I were traveling together but we’re not sharing a room, they refused to seat us at the sand table for dinner which I totally don’t get

Room tip: Stay away from this place
Date of stay: March 2023