All reviews top floor great view of the runway small shop that sells window view small gym close to the airport large hotel nrt airport rooms are spacious every hour aeon mall located close and vice versa night stay average hotel shuttle buses connecting flight
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Narita Airport area is basically inconvenient area to say the least and thus it is important to know what you want before making a hotel room booking. This "Marroad International Hotel" is located close to one of the airport runways and very popular among the airplane spotters. Also as the location is close to the airport it is easy to get there compared to some others. Down side is if you plan to go for the last minutes shopping in Narita you probably have to rely on taxi which is not cheap.

Room is clean and big and room rate is competitive in the similar class hotels in the area. Generally staff is friendly and competent but I got the impression that they are undermanned in busy hours. (Still they are better than some hotels near airport outside Japan!) Free shuttle bus is convenient.

Room tip: Use hotel website for room booking - specially if you are airplane spotter to ask for the runway side rooms.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
マロウドインターナショナルホテル成田, マネージャー at Marroad International Hotel Narita, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you very much for choosing Marroad International Hotel Narita.

As you know, our hotel is known as “runway view room” which is facing to the runway of Narita airport. From these rooms, you can watch airplanes are taking off and landing.
Also, there is the park called “Sakura no yama park” where is 15-20mins on foot from our hotel. Especially in Spring, there are cheery blossom blooming, so it is very beautiful. If you ever come to Japan in Spring, I recommend to visit there and enjoy the Japanese seasonal beauty.

We provide free shuttle bus to go to the Airport, Aeon shopping center, Mega Don Quijote and JR Narita station. So the timing is good, you can catch the bus for shopping.
Our room size is relatively wide, its size is 21 ㎡ for single room and 26 ㎡for standard twin bed room. So there is enough room for your baggage.

However, we are very sorry for that we could not take care of you well when it is busy.
We will improve ourselves to be a better hotel.

Thank you again for leaving a comment.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Hotel has a free shuttle bus frequently servicing Narita airport. The hotel is big asn when I stayed there they hosted teams for the women's world softball tournament.Rooms are bigger than others in the area of the same class. They are also decorated with older interiors. Otherwise a good experience with a clean hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a top floor & a view across the airport. You can see the planes very well.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for choosing Marroad International Hotel Narita.

Our first shuttle bus to the airport starts at 4:30am in the morning. Many guests give us good reputations for that.
Also, the final airport bus is at 12:20am form Terminal 2, 12:25am from Terminal 1.
So we can take care of the guests who arrive with the late flight or accidental delay.

Please come and ask our hotel again when you come to Japan.

Thank you again, and we hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Nice retro hotel with lots of rooms close to Narita International Airport. Free shuttle to and from the airport at extremely convenient times, especially compared to other hotels in the area!!! There is a shuttle to and from the airport about every hour.

After flying into Japan several times, we've learned it's often nicer to stay in Narita for the night, rather than try and navigate the evening rush hour trains getting to Tokyo and getting a hotel after a 11 hour flight.

We have stayed in the Marroad twice now after coming into Japan around 4pm. It is wonderful hopping on the shuttle after a long flight and drive about 20 minutes to the comfortable, roomy (especially for Japan!) hotel for some much needed rest. After that, Narita is a really nice little city with lots of shopping. It's fun to just walk around and see things and try all the tasty food!

Getting back to the airport in the morning is free and easy, and it is more convenient (but more expensive!) to take the Narita fast train to Tokyo, about 1 hour, rather than the commuter train that stops a lot and takes about 2.5 hours.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandia W
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I've stayed at many hotels in Japan, this was the worst. Where do I begin?

Let me highlight the positive things first.

Thanks to Oki-san for his willingness to assist me on my first night. Can't remember the other staff members name but thank you for him for doing his best to get me much needed information about taxi service and then waiting in the morning and assisted me. Appreciated.

On the phone, they were so polite because of the connection issues I was having and I appreciate their patience very much. 5 stars for that.

I reach the hotel, different story. Keep tatemae out of your service when you are dealing with foreign guests. Learn to anticipate customers' needs and stop going haywire when it doesn't fit your script.

In convenience store, I had two items in my hand and realized they had watches outside and stepped outside to look at them, one of the store clerks followed me out with a fake smile after the woman called to him. Only when I asked for assistance with the watches, did I feel like they weren't hovering anymore by that time, I was already annoyed but thankful for their assistance nonetheless.

A bus schedule to a main station that's begins at 10:15 am? Poor, I had to pay a taxi to get to Narita station at 8.

The room had one electrical outlet that was not designated to the pre installed electrical appliances. Had to call for an adapter.

Needed an iron, called front desk. Rude female, we dont bring irons to the rooms, the iron room is on the second floor. No directions nothing, went to 2nd floor, saw a bunch of rooms labeled private, a bathroom, a conference room, a chapel and other rooms. Walked till I ended up atop the stair, still found nothing. Returned to my room.

No shower cloths to use with the bath gels, provided.

Not a bottle of water in the room during this heatwave or as a complimentary welcome.

Checking out and female takes key without even glancing at me, no how was your stay, thank you for choosing marroad, nada. Looks me up and down when i called her to ask a question and turns back her head to the computer, I asked the question she puts a receipt in my hand (only time she looked my way), far from what I asked about. I asked for nothing just wanted some information. Rude as ever.

Courtesy and genuine customer service lacked sorely. I provide better boarding to friends for free.

Worst part is that they think their Tatemae is a force field for their true intentions. People are people wherever you go and body language speaks volumes about what doesn't exit your mouth.

Avoid!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Good value for money. Most amenities such as a kettle and bath robes provided. Rooms are clean and come with an automatic toliet. Shuttle buses come every 30mins to the airport. Only a 10 minute shuttle to narita airport. Breakfast was good, came with a variety of different international foods.

Date of stay: July 2018