See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We stayed at this hotel during our tour of Hakodate.

The room was a Japanese-style room with a low table and two chairs placed at the centre. The room, bathroom and toilet were quite small, typical of most Japanese-style rooms.

Dinner was Japanese buffet. Some of the food items were delicious especially the beef stew and the Chinese-style noodles.

There was no Internet access in the room and I had to go down to the hotel lobby to read my emails using the lobby’s wireless network.

When I went back to the room after dinner, the hotel staff had already moved the low table to one side of the room and laid out the futon (Japanese mattresses). The futon was comfortable and I slept well.

The next morning, I had breakfast at the breakfast room. Breakfast was a buffet with Japanese and Western dishes. The Japanese items were a little bland. The fried chicken pieces were tasty.

Service was brisk.

Although most of the staff did not understand English and I could only say a couple of words in Japanese, I had no problems communicating with them.

Since I was here for one night, I did not have time to try the hotel’s onsen.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I liked the ryokan room as it was spacious. Although this hotel also has a big onsen compound, it was a still a little crowded in the evening. Buffet dinner and breakfast was average. View from the room was beautiful during winter.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2016

There was no bell service, so we had to drag our own luggage.
The staffs rarely speak english, but understandable since the city lacks foreign tourist.
The room feels a bit dated as there were stains here and there.
The buffet meal was good but it gets boring if you are staying more than one night as the menu is the same
Also, no wifi in the room. They have it in the lobby, but the connection sucks

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

This is a nice, traditional Onsen hotel a little outside the centre of Hakodate. It's accessible using the city's tram. The hotel itself is nicely decorated with very welcoming staff some of whom speak very good English. Our room was a traditional Japanese style but they also have western rooms. The Onsen is on the 11th floor and has great views. It's a little small but decent. Wifi is available in the lobby only and is unreliable (this is something that should be attended to as tourists often need to check information online). We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel both of which are buffet style. A good selection of both western and Japanese food is available.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

I love the onsen and in fact I refuse to bathe in my room. Both before bed and after waking up, I take a shower and dip at the public bath.

Unfortunately, I woke up in the morning around 4:30 am because of the bed. It is both uncomfortable and hot as the bed and comforter are covered with plastic. I prefer the futon anytime.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends