All reviewsbeefstayed hereplace to staynice hotelsashimitrain stationspastreetcaronsenbathshokkaidospringtaxi
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed here for a night at the end of our Hokkaido trip.

Everything at this hotel is excellent.

The room is spacious, model and comfortable.

The public bath area is huge with different types of hotsprings, sauna and steam room. They also alternate the 2 rooms between males and females every day.

Just outside the bath area there's a large area for you to relax at. They've got drinks and ice-cream also for you to enjoy.

Breakfast is included and what a spread!!! It's one of the best hotel breakfast I've ever had. There were so much food with many varieties. Sashimi, grilled seafood, veggies and even beef, salad etc. A lady was also there putting small batches of bread and pastries into the oven. There's even ice-cream for breakfast.

It's so unfortunate that we couldn't stay at this hotel longer. I would definitely return to Hakodate just to stay at this hotel.

Highly recommend anyone going to Hakodate to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vincy C
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here at Hotel Banso at the beginning of a three week trip on Hokkaido and stayed again on our last night in Hakodate before leaving the island.
I reviewed this place after the first stay but after the second stay and the experience of all the other hotels I decided that my assessment needed upgrading.
I cannot find fault with this place.
The rooms are a delight. Comfortable and very clean.
There is a demolition of a hotel happening right alongside the Banso with three big diggers working with trucks coming and going.
There is not a sound of this in your room or anywhere in the hotel which attests to the great sound proofing of the rooms.
The onsens are also the best of all that we stayed at. Huge and varied. No matter how many people are there it is never cramped. Also real thermal spring water.
Finally the food ...... this is what makes Hotel Banso stand out from all the competition.
They have a buffet for both breakfast and dinner.
It is the best and most generous buffet on our entire trip even compared to hotels costing way more than here. It was the food and the baths that made us cancel another reservation and go back here at the end of the trip.
About half an hour on the street car from Hakodate JR Station, Y480 or ten minutes in a taxi Y1800.
Finally the Banso staff .... thank you.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tikiland
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Despite the cherry blossoms not arriving in time for my visit and rain sending me indoors today to the excellent Art Gallery next to the star tower this hotel has absolutely spoiled me since I arrived . The rooms ooze Japanese authenticity as does the bath house (Onsens) itself. The buffet is overwhelming in its options of local fish the scallops cooked in front of me were sublime. Only one concierge spoke good English but it was enough to book the bus to the Mt Hakadote night view. Excellent find and great value for money with a two night tariff Onsens, breakfast and dinner included

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Janette K
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Food was great. The onsen fantastic. The room reeked of cigarette smell. It was like living in an ashtray. This is on a non smoking floor. Spoilt my entire stay in Hakodate. If you are a non smoker , avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cheng T
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Very thing about this Hotel is great! I stayed here with my Partner and Step Daughter. The rooms where better than expected. Bed was uber comfortable and the Bathroom was excellent. What I really wanted was the Onsen experience, and this hotel has its own. Breakfast was pure bliss.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family