See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

This outdated hotel has bad sewage. The rooms smell like rotten water. We asked to have our room changed because it smelled so awful and they took us to a smoking room which smelled like rotten water and cigarettes. I strongly recommend people not to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
アパホテル倉敷駅前, 宿泊課 at APA Hotel Kurashiki Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Purigee,

Thank you for choosing and staying here at APA HOTEL<Kurashiki-Ekimae> with us on that day. And also thank you for sharing your time to review.
However, please accept my apology for causing you such terrible distress.
The room was fully booked on that day. We are terribly sorry for not being able to live up to your expectations.
Our hotel has built since 1980, therefore it is deteriorating. It is our important issue.
We are apologize you that you felt uncomfortable. We will continue to practice diligence.

Clerk Katou

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

The bathroom smell like public toilet in China. I asked the staff if we could change to another room but they said the hotel is full booked and the bathroom just smelled the same after cleaning it.

Unhelpful staff
As a tourist, we don't speak Japanese and we asked to hotel staff to call the restaurant to check if any availability. The staff just replied "I don't know".

I just felt so unwelcoming and I will not recommend to stay APA.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
アパホテル倉敷駅前, 宿泊課 at APA Hotel Kurashiki Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Thank you for staying with us.

However, we are so sorry to make you feel uncomfortable.
That day, we couldnt change another room because the room was fully booked. We aplogize you.
In addition, we make an effort to study English and we are so sorry.

Thank you for your comment.

Front desk Ogohara

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

It's japan's golden week when i stayed at the hotel. That's the only hotel room available when I made the reservation a month before.
Rate were super expensive, 28000yen per night for a twin room. Room was small, out dated, dirty carpet, very soft bed, aircon wind blow directly to the bed, tiny bathroom. Only advantage is close to the station and outlet.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
アパホテル倉敷駅前, 宿泊課 at APA Hotel Kurashiki Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Dear vyam

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the APA HOTEL〈Kurashiki-Ekimae〉and for your time to share your experience.

I cannot deny the oldness of facilities, but will make an effort to be able to do it for a smile in visitors by waiting on customers.

What a great feedback we have received here, thank you so much for valuable comment.

We look forward to the opportunity to provide you with another stay.
Best regards,

Clerk Ono

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I wouldn't say the hotel is prefect but given the price you need to pay is less than hkd500, what would you expect..?

As this price, I would grade the service level is prefect, staff always carry nice smiles

Location is prefect just next to JR.

Building is old and restroom is small but is all fine due to the price.

The only improvement the hotel can have is the temperature of the room, as the air con is centralised, it is in fact very hot. Tourist may need to open the window in order to get to sleep.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
アパホテル倉敷駅前, clerk at APA Hotel Kurashiki Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Dear wangwang1,

Thank you for choosing and staying at APA HOTEL <Kurashiki-Ekimae> with us. And also thank you for sharing your time to review today.
We are sorry for inconvenience at that time but I was so glad to have heard "thank you for your help." many times from you when we have transferd to another room together. Indeed I was very happy that you had stayed other APA HOTEL before! Thank you so much for your warm comments.
How was your stay in Kurashiki city on that day by the way? I hope you could enjoy with your partner!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at APA HOTEL <Kurashiki-Ekimae>.
Safe trip home!

Best regards,

Clerk Nagamoto

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Located next to JR Kurashiki station and easy to find. I got smoking room but it's no problem because the room was comfortable. This hotel offer refrigerator and TV. Unfortunately, I couldn't go to tourist area because of typhoon.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
アパホテル倉敷駅前, Clerk at APA Hotel Kurashiki Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Dear Sisca E

Thank you for staying at APA HOTEL <Kurashiki-Ekimae> with us and sharing your time to review. Our hotel is located on next to JR Kurashiki station and 9F of a red brick building. If someone was lost, please feel free to contact us anytime. I am very sorry to hear that you could not visit BIKAN area because of typhoon. I hope that you enjoy and feel if your time allows next time. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at APA HOTEL <Kurashiki-Ekimae> and sharing time to talk what you feel in Kurashiki city.

Clerk Nagamoto