Lowest prices for your stay
USD 88
Free cancellation until 08/12/21
Booking.comUSD 86
PricelineUSD 96
eDreamsUSD 86
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at Dormy Inn. I was fully expecting an average 3-star place reflecting the price that we paid for. However, the hotel was amazing, with fantastic onsen facilities and free late night ramen! Everything was spotless of course. The location was also very convenient. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2016

During our last trip to Japan, we had an "expensive Saturday" still unbooked between two other hotel reservations. I had my eye on the Kurashiki Dormy Inn but the room price suddenly doubled as our date came closer (book well in advance people!!). We ended up booking something in Okayama instead, but as the price dropped a little again near our date we switched our reservation back to the Kurashiki Dormy Inn. And I'm glad we did, it was worth the extra money in my opinion.

Absolute best part of our stay: the location. It's a 10 minute walk from the station, and right across the street from the start of the historical district. We had a lovely relaxed time wandering the streets here, especially after dark when many daytime tourists have gone home. And even for a Saturday it was not too crowded.

Our room was on the highest floor (as requested), and furthest away from the onsen (didn't try them out) and laundry room which we used: the machines are coin operated and instructions are in Japanese with an English quick guide. I couldn't work out the temperature or any other settings so just jabbed at buttons and hoped for the best. All worked out fine. Some of the machines had locks - you're instructed to get the keys from reception but as they were all left unlocked I didn't bother.

Our reservation didn't have breakfast included but if it's anything like the one from Dormy Inn Himeji it's worth having. We just got some snacks from the convenience store next door on our way out to the station. The free 9:30 PM ramen were very popular, the whole eating area next to the lobby was packed when we passed by in the evening.

The room was nice, modern and fairly spacious. There's a separate toilet/shower, with the washing bassin/mirror/hairdryer with complimentary toiletries in the little "hallway" (it's separated by a sliding door). Again (same in DI Himeji) there was a large plastic container with mystery liquid next to the toilet. Chemicals for cleaning? No idea. Aircon worked fine. There was a minifridge available too.

Staff was friendly and efficient. We were able to check in immediately when we arrived a little before 15h.

I'd happily stay here again if I were to visit Kurashiki on my next trip to Japan.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2016

Simple but practical modern hotel. Its main advantage is its location just across the Bikan area with its canal and renovated warehouses and village, and about 500m (10' walk) from the station.
Rooms are rather "large" (~12 m2) for this type of hotel in Japan but the twin room I had had 2 beds which took almost all the space. Another good point of this hotel is its public bath on the top floor, with even a "rotenburo" or open air bath, though small.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2016

During my first trip to Japan last year, I stayed at a Dormy Inn in another city and was wowed by the combination of reasonable price, terrific onsen, and free evening noodles served in a broth that tasted homemade. My experience in Kurashiki wasn't a wow, but was pleasant enough that I'd considering staying again.

During my stay, the rate seemed on the high side for a Dormy Inn, but I think that's because there was a large conference in town and rooms were at a premium.

The location is excellent, reached in an easy walk from the train station and offering quick access to the historic district. The rooms aren't fancy but are clean and comfortable.The sex-segregated baths are nice, with both indoor and outdoor options. On the night I stayed, the water wasn't very warm in the outdoor bath, so I spent more time indoors. The hotel takes security seriously, with a code that is changed each day for entrance to the women's baths. You had to use the towels from your room at the bath, which is less convenient than using onsens with towels provided there.

The evening noodles were fine, but seemed like those you buy at the store and add boiling water to, with thin, heavily crimped strands. That may just reflect a regional preference, and hey, they're free, so who would complain!

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I'm not sure what some visitors expected for $125 a night including breakfast, but I thought it was great value. Clean, quiet, good location. We were addicted by then to public bathing, so we loved the rooftop onsen. And there was plenty of food at breakfast. We used Kurashiki as our base to explore the gardens at Okayama and Himeji Castle by train. This is the hotel we finally figured out to reserve 2 twin beds rather than a double, because the room itself is larger too. Just push the beds together if you like.

Date of stay: April 2016