All reviews hotel is located min bed station castle
Reviewed 26 December 2015

location is very well, near the fukuyama station, just by walk only 5 min. hotel is new and clean, facility is complete, and the bed is comfortable. inside the hotel it has a public bathtub, It's moderate prices, hotel staff was friendly and professional. go out the elevator, you can see area placing a coffee machine for guest use, and it's free. i satisfy for my stay.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Staffs were helpful and friendly.

Just like many other Japanese hotels in this range, our room was small and clean but still fits in a big double bed.

Freebies include a coffee brewing machine where we have our double dose of good coffee every morning of our stay. The sex separated onsens at one of the lower floors is certainly a luxury for this budget hotel, providing a great venue to relax and soak of the tired muscles after a long day out.

Breakie at the hotel was catering for westerners, albeit a Japanese twist.

A coin laundrette is provided for guest use.

I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Can opt out of the breakie.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2015

This time, I would like to share my experience in staying overnight at Fukuyama Oriental Hotel 12 days ago. As both of me and my friend were arriving at Fukuyama Station (by Shinkansen), the first thing that caught my attention was the Fukuyama Castle which turned out to be just outside (right across from) the station.

When I was still standing on the Shinkansen track, I could also see Fukuyama Oriental Hotel from my position. Basically, the hotel was located one block away and in the same side as the castle. The hotel itself is located in a small yet quiet street just across from Fukuyama Station.

Although the front desk staffs were not fluent in English but we had no problem in communicating with them. Check-in was prompt and within seven (7) minutes, I was entering my room. The room itself is small (typical Japanese business hotel) but it was extremely clean and I was totally satisfied with it.

Air conditioner worked out perfectly, water pressure was strong and I could not see anything that needed to be improved. Considering the price I was paying and the hotel's condition, I would say it was one of the best deal someone could get if they didn't want traveling too far away from Fukuyama station.

However, I didn't have any chance to try any of the hotel's facility (laundry room, japanese bathtub, breakfast etc.) during my stay as I had no time in doing so. The next morning, both of us had to check-out from the hotel very early in the morning to catch our Shinkansen to a different city.

Overall, I would strongly recommend this hotel to every one who is traveling on budget and looking for a clean business hotel in the nearby area of Fukuyama Station.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2015

The hotel is close from the Fukuyama Station. It might be a little outdated.. The entrance and front desk was a bit dark.

The room is very small.. There is a big bathroom for guests, but you have to bring the towel from the room. It would have been better if there are towels there as well, otherwise, you have to keep using the wet towel...

It was not loud, but I could hear my neighbors are coughing and sneezing...

Overall, it is okay, but I will probably look for another option if I will come back to Fukuyama.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2014

The hotel is located just across the street from the railway station. It is on the quieter side and not the main exit where the city buses park. Staff didn't speak much English but were very helpful and friendly. Room looked new and was spectacularly clean. A unique feature is the bathhouse located on the 2/F, which included a big hot tub as well as a range of hot to cold small tubs. Try it out for an interesting Japanese experience. Breakfast was buffet-style and included a small selection of foods.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo