“My favorite day-trip route, Shizuoka City, Japan”
Review of Shizuoka

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Shizuoka, Japan
10 helpful votes
“My favorite day-trip route, Shizuoka City, Japan”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I introduce Shizuoka City, Japan, today. Shizuoka features Kunozan Toshogu Shrine. It was designated as a national treasure last year, and also known where Tokugawa Ieyasu, one of the greatest figures in Japan, is resting in peace. Located on the top of the mountain, Mt.Kuno, the access is not easy. Use some money, or energy. I took the latter. It took me 30 minutes to walk up 1159 stairs to the top. The bright and quiet air somehow makes us feel sacred. And the gorgeous hall ! You can tell how strong Tokugawa Ieyasu’s power was.
Around the foot of the mountain were lots of strawberry fields where you can enjoy picking and eating strawberries as much as you can. And the beautiful ocean, called Suruga Bay, expands far to Izu Peninsula, well-known as one of the best spots for Onsen hot-spring and delicious seafoods ! 30 minutes ride on the bus will take you to the famous fish market of Shimizu Port. JR Shimizu station is just in front.
Or, the ropeway from the top of Mt.Kuno will take you to another mountain, Nihondaira, popular for Mt.Fuji viewing with green-tea fields.
Anyway, these above are my course to spend my holidays. It’s not wearying because the scenery changes depending on the weather.

Have a good day !

Been to Shizuoka? Share your experiences!