All reviews free welcome drink first floor mini fridge self serve late check convenience store convenient location good size train station pillows reception shinkansen onsen
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel is just a short walk from shizuoka Station, across from associa hotel which is connected to the station. Prices can vary for last minute booking being cheaper, it's worth to try your luck if you have a flexible itinerary. Hotel facilities are modern and room is considered big for Japanese mid class hotel. The onsen is rather small with just a pool but sufficient. Breakfast is very good. Only beware of you need late check out, the checkout time is 10am and a 30minutes extension will cost you joy 2000, that is the part I feel the hotel is too rigid. Otherwise I would have rated 4-5stars

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Located just a few minutes walk from the Shizuoka Station (for JR and Shinkansen connections), Kuretake Inn is very well situated. Just a few minutes walk will take you to the shopping and eating area, but truth be told there are so many good places to eat within the station itself.

The rooms are compact but also surprisingly spacious, well laid out with a long desk, mini fridge and sufficient space for our large knapsacks. There’s a small little closet near the door and two long bars opposite the bathroom for hanging stuff. There’s some wear and tear scuff marks on the wall, but the room was spotless otherwise.

Any issues I had were minor. There’s no reading light on the side of the bed facing the wall, so the room lights had to be kept on so I could read. Bed was a bit on the hard side (and I like a firm bed) but I had no problems falling asleep. Pillows are nice and fluffy, although it’s not one of those with grains on one side.

The hotel was quite generous by providing free breakfast and a free welcome drink, but we never got around to trying it. There is a coin laundry located on the first floor inside the men and women’s hot baths. No detergent is provided though, but we had some spare packs on us so that wasn’t an issue. Best to check with the reception if they provide laundry detergent, otherwise you can get a small bottle from Family Mart.

The bathroom was compact but had enough space to move around in without me knocking into anything. There’s a small tub, and the water pressure in the shower was good. The sink water mixture was a bit strange, as you can feel warm and cool water mingling with each other at the same time. The scent of the shower gel was also lovely.

Check-in and check out was fast and pleasant. I’d definitely stay here again for the price point.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nadiahkimie
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Was really worried by some of the negative reviews before checking in. The myths got dispelled one by one. We paid a reasonable Y10200 per night in December. The room is definitely not very smaller by Japanese standard (you simply can’t expect room size to match international chains), one would feel less space as they have extra coffee table and two chairs, there was even a funny shaped bath tub. The breakfast buffet included had enough varieties and had a couple of different items every day of our 3 days stay. The welcome drink was self serve to a great variety of Japanese and western alcoholic drinks including liquor. There was also a public hot bath. It was also right across the road from the train station. So how can I complain?

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Room is clean and neat. I could well sleep.
BF was great taste.
Hotel's people were so nice. I am sure I take this hotel when I come back here.
It took less than 10 min. from station. Also, they have parking tower next hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Very convenient location and great breakfast. They have a good size bath on the first floor, which is rare for this type of business hotels. It was very nice that they had amenities, such as face cleanser, lotion, moisturizer, etc., for women as well as tea bags to help yourself near the check-in counter. They also had several different types of pillows you could borrow if you don't like the pillow in your room. Single room was small, but comfortable. I loved being able to boil some hot water with the electric kettle in the room to make some tea. I highly recommend this hotel. It is a good value.

Room Tip: Take a dip in their public bath in the morning. There was nobody there when I took my last bath the day I checked out.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family