All reviewsregular hoteljr stationmount fujitoilettidybedlocation
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Convenient to train and bus to Miho Beach. Short hop to the Bullet train at Shizuoka too (just a few stops). We enjoyed the nearby mall, shops restaurants and breakfast at the hotel too. Room was clean and quiet - staff helpful. Nice area. Seems a businessman clientele but we didn't mind. We recommend this hotel even though we never saw Mount Fuji!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2016

I never received a check-in time that explicitly stated when to enter the hotel, and so I arrived at 1pm and was told that the check-in is 3PM. The lady at the service desk (who spoke english quite well) made a phone call, and informed us that she contacted the cleaners and asked if they could prioritise cleaning our room so that we could check in early. She then provided us with water (it was a hot day so we appreciated this) and asked us to sit down whilst we wait. Once we got to our room, we understand that it was a period to tidy the rooms, however there were sheets and linen etc all over the hallway and it just didn't seem efficient or professional. However, we didn't mind too much and the cleaners were incredibly friendly and welcoming. Just a heads up, they provide tickets for the breakfast however once you look at them, they don't actually state the time. I found out that the check-out time is 10AM (which was way too early for me) and had to assume that the breakfast would end at that time. On my last day I went down at about 9:35AM and then saw a huge sign saying that the last ORDERS for breakfast close at 9:30AM! This would have been helpful if it was written on the breakfast tickets! Overall, the room was quite nice and the location was amazing in regards to convenience. It's probably about a 2 minute walk from the train station (essentially at the end of the station).

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2015

The hotel is really near to the train station (5mins) which is really convenient (Shuttle bus to S-Pulse Dream Plaza is there as well).

Hotel staff was friendly and able to communicate in English.
The room that we had (812) was clean and comfortable. It came with a wet and dry toilet. The bed was really comfy (we had been staying at Airbnb and the bed was an excellent relived).

Morning breakfast variety was not bad with a mixture of Japanese and Western food.

The best part is the view from the room where Mt Fuji could be seen!!! Simply amazing!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the train tracks for view of Mt Fuji!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights; very convenient as a base to explore. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and spoke English very well. Room was very nice and had a large shower room separate from the toilet. Nice change. Buffet breakfast was nice. Lots of shopping very close.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank devadee
hotelovistashimizu, Receptionist at Hotel Vista Shimizu, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Thank you and your family for choosing the Hotel Vista Shimizu for your 3 night family's visit.
I truly appreciate your wonderful compliments of the Hotel.
From your compliments of the rooms and breakfast and shopping, I am so pleased you enjoyed it all!

We look forward to welcoming back during your next trip to Japan!!!

Thank you.

Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

A comfortable hotel near to public transport and food options. The room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. I liked that I could open the windows for fresh air. The deep bath tub was a nice touch as was the robe. Wifi was fast and reliable. I really liked this hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
hotelovistashimizu, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Vista Shimizu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Thank you for your review.
We are grad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and this city.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Thank you.