“Excellent and frienly”
Review of Soba Club Sasaki

Soba Club Sasaki
Ranked #58 of 1,948 Restaurants in Matsumoto
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very nice and friendly soba restaurant!!
Good explanation, very helpfull in choosing our Dihes on the english menu

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I found this place on a recommendation from our hotel. It's a charming and small little soba shop not too far of a walk from Matsumoto Castle.

I had the soba with grilled duck soup and wife had soba soup. Also had the soba dumpling which was a large mass of buckwheat dough without filling and served in a soup broth. It was very good and the whole meal was about JPY 3600 for two people.

I'd be back again!

1  Thank justinballetta
Reviewed 9 February 2017

開田高原・聖高原といった、長野県内で栽培されたそば粉の身を使用した蕎麦を給仕する蕎麦屋さん。小ぢんまりとしているものの、内装はおしゃれ。食堂という雰囲気ではなく、どちらかというとカフェやバーのような雰囲気です。
『厳選されたそば粉のみを使用している』と謳っているものの、味覚は完全に素人である当方、それ以外の蕎麦の味との決定的な違いは見いだせず…… でも、機械で製麺されたものではなく、全て手打ちで拵えられた、ということはよくわかります。しかし、それであるが故に、また、家族経営であるため、混雑時は麺の切れ目が不完全だったり、形状が悪かったり、というのがちらほら見えてしまったのが、ちょっと残念でした。
蕎麦汁も給仕されますが、それは一切使用せず、パラパラッと塩を振りかけて食べることをお勧めします。これが物凄くうまい!

It is a restaurant that offers Soba using solely selected buckwheat flour that has been grown in Nagano prefecture. Although this restaurant is small, the interior is very fashionable and smart. It's like a cafe or bar.
However, I could not recognize the difference from between typical buckwheat flour and Selected it that this restaurant use... That is because my taste is immature. But, I understood that the Soba was made carefully without using machines, it may become a difficult point. When crowded, the shape of Soba may be coarse. I thought it may be a bit disappointing.
When eating Soba, I recommend to you to use a smidgen of salt not soup. Doing that makes the taste of Soba more appealing, so it becomes very tasty!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

I had a wonderful time and absolutely delicious meals in this restaurant. Everything is home made with a lot of love and passion! I highly recommend this place!!

Reviewed 2 June 2016

We asked the hotel staff to recommend restaurants that local people go, they suggested this shop. We went there for dinner.

It is a small shop run by a couple. They are nice and friendly. The owner recommended us to try cold soba and warm soba. The warm soba includes a bowl of smoked duck. It was delicious! The cold soba is yummy too.

I miss the soba.

The price of soba is about 1,000 yen and up. Service is good and price is reasonable.

2  Thank mwfwinnie