All reviews mist sauna train station old town breakfast buffet excellent location free spa japanese items good size convenient location twin room within walking distance western options room rate lovely town comfortable hotel small fridge hotel is located
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Like all the others on our trip very good room facilities and food . Again ALL staff excellent and very helpful. Very good location for local sites and no problem getting out and about. Local festival when we were there so quite busy

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve h
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as part of our Japan tour. For us it was the best hotel we stayed in for our trip (4 hotels in total). The rooms were a good size not the small ones we had in Tokyo or Kanazawa.
However speaking to another couple, they said it was the worst hotel of their tour but they were not saying it was bad but putting it into perspective.
The rooms were a good size, with a coffee pod machine. We had a twin room and the beds were large and quite firm but not the hardest beds we had on our trip. No safe but there was a small fridge.
The spa which included mist-sauna and individual jacuzzis was free, separate men's and women's. I used it both days and enjoyed it, just the job after a day of touring.
Breakfast was ok with sufficient choice for us. Location was pretty good, a quieter road not far from one of the main streets.
Overall enjoyed our stay here, thankyou

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 962trevors
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We travelled to Takayama from Matsumoto and it snowed! However we were warm and comfortable in our lovely hotel. Comfortable rooms and friendly and helpful staff it was my birthday and the staff were gracious in their celebrations for me. Takayama known as Little Kyoto is filled with fabulous attractions from the open air flower and fruit market and imposing government house. We opted for the Japanese experience in our tour and were transferred to an inn of happiness where we bathed in hot springs dressed in Japanese clothes slept on futons and ate a Japanese banquet and breakfast. I highly recommend you opt for this opportunity to experience Japanese life and culture it was brilliant. A birthday I will never forget

1  Thank 553meb
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We loved the location of this hotel, we literally stepped off the platform from the station and there was our hotel. Takayama is a beautiful town with quaint streets that we loved exploring.
We would definitely recommend visiting takayama and staying at the best western as we did our research in terms of value for money and booked this hotel at a great price so we were very surprised with the excellent location and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ozi2Travellers
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I stayed two nights and paid 23,000 yen midweek through booking.com for 2 nights including breakfast for sole occupancy of a twin room.

Location very close to station is very handy for arrival, departure and day trips.

Staff spoke good English and we're helpful eg with restaurant recommendations, luggage forwarding.

Twin room was large with two wide singles next to each other.Comfortable bed and pillow.Coffee machine with capsules.

Free "handy" smartphone with free calls to Australia.Very useful for me to sort out a problem with my personal phone.

TV includes one English channel.

Quite good breakfast with fresh fruit (pineapple, kiwifruit, orange, grapefruit and apple).

Kept a small bag overnight for me while I went to Okuhida.

Takayama deserves at least 2 full days.

Room tip: Twin rooms are large.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family