“Trip to Legoland Japan”

Ranked #35 of 477 things to do in Nagoya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My day in Legoland Japan, we arrived at the park at 9:40 in preparation for the park to open at 10:00am, the queue was not big which was a bonus.
We entered the park at 10:00am on the dot and headed straight for a few of the roller coasters, on the way over to the roller coaster i noticed several rides were either Closed or didn’t open until later in the day, this was a little disappointing as you expect after paying full price for entry to the park that all the ride would be open from 10:00.
There was no need to by a quick pass to reduce queue times as the queues we no longer than 15 minutes at the most.
The staff were all friendly and helpful, the park was spotlessly clean.
The models the park had were amazing and it was difficult to believe that they we all built from Lego.

The only 2 disappointing elements of the day were:
1: Several ride were either closed or opened later in the day.
2: The Big lego shop near the entrance had a ok collection of lego set but i would have expected a few more Japan specific sets such as a big Bullet train or a Tokyo Sky tree.

1  Thank AndyA_Travels
LEGOLANDJP, マネージャー at Legoland Japan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for coming to visit us and leaving your honest review.
Your feedback will be shared with our management teams and we look forward to using this to improve our guest experience.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

All reviews
"miniature village"
"family pass"
"lego land"

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I went with my 3 year old son who loves Lego (Duplo). I would recommend a visit during a weekday when it is not crowded (which was our experience). I would on the other hand highly recommend avoiding it on busy days. My 3 star rating is kind of based on an average of these two - its a good place to go on a weekday and a bad one to go on the weekend.

I'll hit the positive and negative points here.

Positives:

The staff were extremely helpful and very kind throughout our visit.

The rides are nice, there are enough for a 3 year old to have fun. Might not be very enjoyable for teenagers, but for young kids its good.

The Lego displays throughout the park are quite fun to look at and create endless photo opportunities. The big diorama is particularly impressive.

If you go on a weekday or off season it is quite empty and you don't have to do much waiting in line. We went on a weekday and felt like we almost had the place to ourselves, the waiting times at rides were minimal. This makes up for the small size of the park (see below) and is why I would recommend a visit on a slow day.

Negatives

The park is small, you could walk from end to end just a few minutes. If you have the place to yourself on a slow day its not a problem as there is enough to keep you occupied. If you go on a busy day though, I can only imagine how overcrowded and unpleasant it will be. A good theme park will give you the impression when you leave that you only scratched the surface of all the great stuff that is there and leave you wanting to go back and explore it further. Legoland Japan gives you no such feeling - you leave knowing that you have seen everything there is to see and feel no reason to go back. It was definitely a "one and done" deal for us and despite living in Nagoya have no interest in getting the annual pass.

The park is in one of the bleakest, most unpleasant locations imaginable. The train ride out there takes you through some of the ugliest industrial blight Nagoya has to offer (and that is saying something). Its nothing but smoke stacks, scrap yards and industrial haze for as far as the eye can see. Legoland is surrounded by this. I have no idea why they located it there (probably ease of access by rail) but since the trip there is part of the package, this is worth mentioning (once you are in the park most of the smokestacks are obscured by buildings, but you do have some ""borrowed scenery"" noticeable here and there). This also seems to really limit their ability to expand since there doesn't seem to be much vacant land adjacent to the park.

The price, given the size, is extremely high. I would have to say it is the worst value attraction in Nagoya for that reason. A trip to the Zoo will cost you 500 Yen to get in (free for kids) and has way more to offer. Legoland has tried to respond to this criticism with a complex pricing system that requires advance registration of specified numbers of guests. This is really cumbersome and not particularly friendly to the customer. Why not just keep it simple and lower the prices across the board instead of making your customers jump through seemingly arbitrary hoops to get a small discount? Since I wasn't able to book in advance or fit my son and I into one of their "family passes" that require 3 or more people I paid full price. This was annoying.

A minor point but the first thing that greets you once you've paid the exorbitant amount for the tickets is someone who searches your bags to make sure you aren't bringing in outside food or drink. Is aggravating your customers the second they walk through the gate really worth the minor boost in sales at your food stands that this creates? Maybe it is, but its worth mentioning because it just adds an unpleasant interaction right at the start of everyone''s experience at your park.

So, all in all, if you are in Nagoya with small children on a weekday, have already exhausted all the other things to do in town and have a big pile of cash that you don't want, then I would highly recommend a trip to Legoland Japan.

7  Thank SeanofNagoya
LEGOLANDJP, マネージャー at Legoland Japan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you for coming to visit us and leaving your honest review.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

It is not so big but a very good playground for young kids. (Honestly, for elder child over 10+ years old, the rides are too simple and not so much attraction for them).
Legoland is not crowded and my child has played almost all the rides he fits. Please note for the rides, some need the kids 105cm+, or 110cm+ tall.
All the staffs are very warmly welcomed us and willing to assisst my kids for the rides. We have spent almost a full day there.

LEGOLANDJP, マネージャー at Legoland Japan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for coming to visit us and leaving your wonderful feedback to share with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with your family in LEGOLAND®Japan.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Our kids really loved the place. The whole park isn't really big, but enough for one whole day visit. We got there around 10:30am, and didn't leave until 4:30pm. It is an easy train ride from Nagoya station, then a 10-15 walk. The park was not crowded, so we didn't have to wait for rides. I really like all the Lego mini Japan area. This is a park for kids for sure, not so much for adults. Get tickets online to get discount.

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 19 Windows 10 Metro preload

Thank you for coming to visit us and leaving your wonderful feedback to share with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with your family in LEGOLAND Japan.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I really liked our visit to Legoland albeit the size and lack of more thrilling ride. It was a Monday and the park was not crowded. My son got to ride everything that he desired and was happily looking at the miniland without that much people trying to pose and snap pictures (so you need to give way). The food price I thought was reasonable. THe park was super duper clean just like any other places in Japan.

I just really hope they will soon be speaking in English (shows, Lego Factory) or to at least translate in English for non-Japanese visitors.

Can't wait to stay at the Legoland Hotel!

2  Thank Lea B

Thank you for coming to visit us and leaving your honest feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with your family in LEGOLAND Japan. Your feedback will be shared internally and we look forward to using this to improve our guest experience.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future!! Thank you again for choosing LEGOLAND Japan as your holiday destination!