Coral Bay
USD 129
USD 109
USD 104
  • Breakfast included
Al Qidra Hotel(Aqaba)(Great Value!)
USD 43
USD 42
USD 55
USD 38
Priceline
USD 98
Priceline
Bedouin Moon Village(Aqaba)(Great Value!)
USD 61
USD 37
Agoda.com
USD 224
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed at Coral Bay resort for four nights, partly because we didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding another place. After getting all unpacked in our room, we realized that 1. the electric sockets were not functioning, 2. no hot water 3. water was spitting out of the air conditioner. I went down to the office to let the front desk know that these things were broken and needed to be fixed, then went down to the beach (there was trash on this private beachfront) for a few hours. I went up to the room to check to make sure it was all fixed, and it wasn't...so I went back down to follow up with the front desk...and they said they would fix it. Again I went to the beach, came back to my room a bit later and it still wasn't fixed. Now I was not happy as I was being very nice about being placed in a room with lots of things broken, during the low season. I went back to the front desk and had to show frustration, and then and only then did two people from the hotel come up with me to see what was wrong and could they fix it. They decided that they would rather move us to another room after we had already unpacked(and I had wiped the dirty room down with wet wipes).

We settled into our new room, which had nothing broken. The next day, my boyfriend, Brint, went scuba diving with the diving instructor named Naser. I went scuba diving with Brint and the dive instructor the next day. He was very nice and helpful as I hadn't gone diving for awhile. Brint went diving on our last day also. His 20 year old daughter, Jess, and I stayed at the resort. After this last day of diving, the instructor came over with Brint to talk Jess and I and Naser encouraged Jess to try it out for the first time. She decided that she would take the intro to scuba course/dive. She had never gone diving before so it was of course quite scary. So, she gets all suited up, Naser takes some pictures of her in her bikini and then in her wetsuit and goes out to the dock with Naser and her Dad. Brint stays for a bit while they are on the surface to take pictures and then came back to the beach. When Jess came back from her dive she was clearly upset about something...we pried and she told us that while on the dive, Naser kept kissing her hand while underwater. Of course, diving takes a great deal of trust in your dive instructor, especially the first time. They had to come to the surface at one point to get the water out of her mask. At this point, Naser says to Jess, "When we go down to the bottom again, you should give me a kiss." She said, no, I have a boyfriend...and he says, "It's okay, people come to Aqaba to forget their boyfriends." She kept saying no. When they came back to the surface and she was rinsing off the saltwater, he continued to act inappropriately. She felt extremely uncomfortable the entire time with a dive instructor that she should be able to trust with her life while diving. There is no easy way to get out of such a situation 100 ft off shore diving for the first time.

I would highly suggest that people stop coming to this resort to stay and/or dive, especially if you have young girls/women. On top of the sexual harassment, the resort was run down, had trash on the beach and many hotel staff there really didn't seem to want to do their jobs. We did have a nicely made up room each day.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this resort at all!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank neislandgirl
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a room - familiy room - for three. confirmed! we arrived after long trip from Amman, than they offered us a two bed room with an extra bed. No space at all! We denied to take this small room!
Sorry totally unexceptable. If they would have offered us two rooms I could have excepted - but no - not even a sorry from their side.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Harald M
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Been meaning to write this review for months, as my experiences at the hotel have been (positively) memorable and significantly different from those of several other reviewers. I stayed at Coral Bay for two weeks for each of the past two summers (2012 and 2013) and visited it briefly the summer before that. My priority was always the coral reef, which was spectacular — the best I have seen. It was surprisingly pristine given the number of visitors and proximity to the beach. And boy, is it close — it fringes the entire length of the beach (and beyond) and is easily accessed by a pier. (Walking directly into the water would kill the reef — and probably you, what with the lurking stonefish.) The reef is also shallow enough that I never felt the need to dive; snorkeling satisfied me completely. As far as I know, this was the only hotel in Aqaba with its own reef, which is in better shape than that of the nearby public marine park. The manmade sandy beach was fine (the coastline is naturally a rock conglomerate) with plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas.

The hotel itself satisfied as well. The rooms and public areas were spacious, clean, and esthetically pleasing, much more so than the mid-priced Amman hotels I have stayed in. Many of the rooms had great balconies and water views. Our group had arranged for buffet lunches, which were varied and tasty. We had dinner downtown — and yes, be prepared for a 20-minute drive. The hotel did offer scheduled shuttles. The management had vastly improved between the last two summers — I had absolutely no complaints this past summer. Any room issues were handled promptly and professionally, and the staff was always extremely accommodating. I am looking forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean-view room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank slenderloris
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I reserved for a one night stay at this hotel, (18th of April 2014) it is very far from the city center, the rooms are very small and very old, it need a full renovation, I asked them to change the room and they did not. Since it far from everything I went down to what called beach restaurant, preparing 2 steak took them two and half hour !!, I cancelled my reservation and did not pay for that night and went to search for another hotel. defiantly I do not advice anyone to even think about this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nilhan S
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Paid 15 dinar for a day entrance, on top of this we also had to pay 1 dinar per towel. The staff manning the towel desk tried to pull the 'no change' scam, in order to get more money out of us. Assuring us they would get change and bring it to us in 'five minutes' headed down to the beach. An hour later, still no sign. We also went to the beach bar to get a drink. Same line... Sorry I have no change... I'll bring it to you... So in the end I had to stand at the towel desk for ten minutes, whilst they assured me over and over it was coming.... Waiting... Waiting... And bingo, finally they found some change for us. We went back to the bar to get another drink using the money they owed us. They weren't impressed, but it made us feel better!

I'll write a separate review for the royal dive club, which is run down, deserted and had poor standard equipment.

The hotel has a jetty you can walk down to get into the sea and start snorkelling straight away, two reefs within a very short snorkel, both wonderful, full of fish, lots to see and we had a really magical experience. Pity we couldn't just stay in the sea the whole time.

There was a group of local boys wandering around, messing about, throwing stones into the sea to scare the fish and taking hundreds of photos on the camera phones generally getting in the way and trying to be intimidating. Tried our best to ignore them. At one point the cheeky gist tried to take pictures of us getting into the water, and my boyfriend had to tell them not to, they all ran away!!

The shower and changing facilities are pretty grotty, showers are cold and have seen other reviews that question the security of the lockers. We just kept stuff with us and tucked in our bags which we left on the beach whilst snorkelling and didn't have a problem.

All in all, this is a great place for snorkelling, but be prepared to be ripped off at every turn, have to ignore some unwanted attention on the beach, but if you can get past all this then the snorkelling is really wonderful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple