Coral Bay
USD 149
USD 70
USD 188
USD 173
Al Qidra Hotel(Aqaba)(Great Value!)
USD 43
USD 42
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a room - familiy room - for three. confirmed! we arrived after long trip from Amman, than they offered us a two bed room with an extra bed. No space at all! We denied to take this small room!
Sorry totally unexceptable. If they would have offered us two rooms I could have excepted - but no - not even a sorry from their side.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Harald M
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Been meaning to write this review for months, as my experiences at the hotel have been (positively) memorable and significantly different from those of several other reviewers. I stayed at Coral Bay for two weeks for each of the past two summers (2012 and 2013) and visited it briefly the summer before that. My priority was always the coral reef, which was spectacular — the best I have seen. It was surprisingly pristine given the number of visitors and proximity to the beach. And boy, is it close — it fringes the entire length of the beach (and beyond) and is easily accessed by a pier. (Walking directly into the water would kill the reef — and probably you, what with the lurking stonefish.) The reef is also shallow enough that I never felt the need to dive; snorkeling satisfied me completely. As far as I know, this was the only hotel in Aqaba with its own reef, which is in better shape than that of the nearby public marine park. The manmade sandy beach was fine (the coastline is naturally a rock conglomerate) with plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas.

The hotel itself satisfied as well. The rooms and public areas were spacious, clean, and esthetically pleasing, much more so than the mid-priced Amman hotels I have stayed in. Many of the rooms had great balconies and water views. Our group had arranged for buffet lunches, which were varied and tasty. We had dinner downtown — and yes, be prepared for a 20-minute drive. The hotel did offer scheduled shuttles. The management had vastly improved between the last two summers — I had absolutely no complaints this past summer. Any room issues were handled promptly and professionally, and the staff was always extremely accommodating. I am looking forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean-view room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank slenderloris
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I reserved for a one night stay at this hotel, (18th of April 2014) it is very far from the city center, the rooms are very small and very old, it need a full renovation, I asked them to change the room and they did not. Since it far from everything I went down to what called beach restaurant, preparing 2 steak took them two and half hour !!, I cancelled my reservation and did not pay for that night and went to search for another hotel. defiantly I do not advice anyone to even think about this hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nilhan S
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Paid 15 dinar for a day entrance, on top of this we also had to pay 1 dinar per towel. The staff manning the towel desk tried to pull the 'no change' scam, in order to get more money out of us. Assuring us they would get change and bring it to us in 'five minutes' headed down to the beach. An hour later, still no sign. We also went to the beach bar to get a drink. Same line... Sorry I have no change... I'll bring it to you... So in the end I had to stand at the towel desk for ten minutes, whilst they assured me over and over it was coming.... Waiting... Waiting... And bingo, finally they found some change for us. We went back to the bar to get another drink using the money they owed us. They weren't impressed, but it made us feel better!

I'll write a separate review for the royal dive club, which is run down, deserted and had poor standard equipment.

The hotel has a jetty you can walk down to get into the sea and start snorkelling straight away, two reefs within a very short snorkel, both wonderful, full of fish, lots to see and we had a really magical experience. Pity we couldn't just stay in the sea the whole time.

There was a group of local boys wandering around, messing about, throwing stones into the sea to scare the fish and taking hundreds of photos on the camera phones generally getting in the way and trying to be intimidating. Tried our best to ignore them. At one point the cheeky gist tried to take pictures of us getting into the water, and my boyfriend had to tell them not to, they all ran away!!

The shower and changing facilities are pretty grotty, showers are cold and have seen other reviews that question the security of the lockers. We just kept stuff with us and tucked in our bags which we left on the beach whilst snorkelling and didn't have a problem.

All in all, this is a great place for snorkelling, but be prepared to be ripped off at every turn, have to ignore some unwanted attention on the beach, but if you can get past all this then the snorkelling is really wonderful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travellingbear44
Reviewed 17 October 2013

we arrived at the hotel and got into our rooms it was nice but they had no towels on the beach, and the breakfast was horrible but the beach was nice and they had the best corals in aqaba

the diving center was amazing and they were really friendly specially Hamzah

Room Tip: make sure you take the sea view room in the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends