All reviews batoka gorge anne marie solar powered lights a hot water bottle zambezi river stunning location following days felt secure gracious hosts enjoyed our stay open air victoria falls no electricity peace and quiet small pool breakfast and dinner african experience
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We visited Taita Falcon lodge for 2 nights - mainly to see Victoria Falls. We were impressed by the awesome location and view of the gorge. You can take walks down the side if athletic enough and see some amazing animals. This lodge is rustic and when we were there it was a bit too cold for me but the staff made our stay manageable. This is an open air lodge (as I said rustic) so keep this in mind when deciding to book this lodge...although I wouldn't want to discourage anyone because the peace and tranquility is delightful. If you aren't into camping/the outdoors, consider something else.

Room Tip: Only 7 chalets and keep in mind, these are open air ones
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
anmariefourie, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

We appreciate your review and are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Winter here is for such a short period and our rooms are built keeping the heat in mind. We do put nice snuggly hot water bottles in your bed to keep you warm during the coldest periods. I hope that helped!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The Taita Falcon Lodge is a great place to relax with a staff that was very friendly with big smiles and attentive to our requests. From the moment we arrived we were greeted and escorted to the communal area with breathtaking views of the Zambezi, a towel to wipe the dust off our faces from the drive to the lodge and a cool drink. The owner sat with us and gave the history of the lodge and made recommendations of things to do and when to do them. The room was very spacious with a comfortable, firm bed and decor that reinforced being in Africa. Enjoyed watching the rafters negotiate the 2 Zambezi rapids seen from the deck of the lodge and spying the many birds and other local creatures. The food, breakfasts and a dinner, were tasty and plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your rview. We appreciate it and are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I was in Victoria Falls - Zambia Zimbabwe trip last week.

Overall, my Zambia part is really not impressive. The price quality ratio is not competitive, also the service of people around is not satisfying.

I stayed in Taita for one night. The scenery was very good, the room and the food was okay (compared to the price ration), not so many activities you can do that side (so if you are young lively and looking for sort of activities, it is not for you).

They do not accept card payment which is another minus since mainly lodges in that area even small lodge in Zimbabwe area accept card payment.

THE MOST DISAPPOINTING PART IS THE ROBBERY AT NIGHT.

I lost my Rayban during my sleep and the next morning I try to find it everywhere in the lodge but nothing.

I have a certain feeling before that is why I put my valuables inside my bag that I put next to my pillow. My boyfriend just left the rayban in the table and the next morning it was gone.

Anna Marie said that there was no robbery before in that lodge and it seems like untrue because I read the review here and there are few accidents happened.

I feel so disappointed since that kind of robbery is very dangerous and when it happened more than twice, honestly it is very very disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
anmariefourie, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Maria, we are very sorry that the loss of the sunglasses caused the fact that you were unhappy with your stay at the Lodge and Zambia. The manager, Antoinette say she was told that the glasses was missing but were not aware that you thought it was stolen from your room while you were sleeping. We are just wondering how it could happen, as your room was locked and nobody could get in. Also the security guards did not report anything. We feel it is very unfair of you to accuse us that we lied about any thefts taking place in the past as this was never even mentioned. I am Anmarie and I have not even met you or spoken to you.
According to the Lodge staff and the manager you and your partner were very happy with your stay when you left. About the credit card -unfortunately we cannot take credit cards at the Lodge because we do not have the communications to run an electronic credit card machine. You were told this in advance.
We are really sad about your bad review and we feel that it was not a tue reflection of what happened.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Having read other reviews of this property, we arrived with high expectations. We were sadly disappointed. Apart from its breathtaking location on the edge of the Batoka gorge with stunning views of the Zambezi flowing 1200m below, this lodge has very little left to offer. The lodge is reached by a 45 minute drive along very rough dirt roads (at $27 per person) – this makes getting to and from, arduous and inconvenient, although there was always a driver on standby and the staff were very willing to assist. In its heyday, it must have been beautiful, but one gets the feeling that absolutely no maintenance or deep cleaning of any description has taken place in the last decade. From the cobweb laced lamps, to the cracked concrete floors and the cushions worn thin by use, this was all a little too rustic for us! The chalets are unusual in their construction – made of wooden poles (droppers) with thatched roofs, they have an opening of about 40cm all the way around. meaning that there is a constant breeze blowing through the room. In winter, this would be unbearable. This property needs a major upgrade to make it remotely comparable with even the most basic lodges in Southern Africa. Hendrik, our resident host, tried his best but even his sincerest efforts made it difficult to ignore the lack of staff training (our drinks were served in their bottles, without glasses); the mediocre food (with microwaved puddings reminiscent of boarding school) and the shabby accommodation. If you must go, go for the view which is quite magnificent and takes your breath away - besides the locations, this lodge it has nothing else to recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
anmariefourie, Owner at Taita Falcon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will take into consideration all your comments you made and give attention to all your negative critique.Just one comment from me -our Lodge is a three star Lodge and it seems to me you are a five star client. Maybe in future, if you ever come to the Victoria Falls again, you should rather book one of the five star lodges.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We had a wonderful time at Taita. The accommodation was great and we enjoyed the rustic rooms. Staff were all friendly and the food was fantastic. The spectacular scenery is a must to see. Afternoon drinks taken to a new level. If you are going to stay at the resort for a few days and not travel in and out, then this is a great pick. However, we chose to travel in and out each day and the 30 min trip each day became troublesome to us. This was our choice and we took it on the chin as the website clearly states that access to Taita is by a high clearance vehicle. We thoroughly recommend this accommodation as it is as it claims to be. Comfortable, rustic and very spectacular.

Room Tip: Any room would be fabulous
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 May 2017

We appreciate you review and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you.