1,153 results
All reviews hand massage royal livingstone beautiful hotel sun deck zambezi river monkey tree victoria falls high tea colonial feel zebras grazing colonial style watch the sunset luxury hotel national park sister hotel devil's pool amazing location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Where else can you have cocktails on the Zambezi overlooking Victoria Falls at sunset? I have stayed at many exceptional hotels. This is my new favorite. I would go back in a heartbeat! Great restaurant, great breakfast, comfortable rooms with zebras and giraffes on property...

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Dorothy S, Manager at Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel by Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Royal Livingstone and for your generous compliments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the cocktails on the Zambezi Overlooking the Victoria falls at sunset. Please do come back back to your new favorite hotel. We thank you for your business and we look forward to your return for more adventures, delicious meals and cocktails.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Our stay at the Royal Livingstone was excellent. First class rooms, food, service and amenities. We had a standard room which was perfect for the two of us. We did the normal dinner at the restaurant in the hotel one night and did a private dinner on the lawn under the monkey tree a different night. Both had incredible food and service. The sun deck overlooking the river and the waterfall is an absolute must around sunset. I wish we had more time here and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Royal Livingstone Hotel and for your high praise indeed! We are committed to providing exceptional service for all of our guests and our staff are committed to ensuring this.

We are indeed delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is comments such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our “Quest for Quality”.

Your appreciation has been conveyed to the whole team and I am sure that your recommendation will go a long way in encouraging them.

We value your patronage and look forward to your continued support in near future.

We look forward to your return

Kind Regards

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Only stayed one night and rooms are a little pricey; but happy to pay for the opportunity to visit this lovely Colonial style of hotel.

We arrived at the hotel by car from via Kasane, Botswana; the drive from the boarder to Livingston takes just over an hour. And we departed for Kenya the next morning via Livingston International Airport, so a quick stay over.

On the day we arrived we had an afternoon rain-storm come across, it was the first rain in the area for the past 8 months, it was so magical.

When we walked through the reception lobby area, we looked out over the lovely green lawns and were surprised to se Zebra walking around, also they have a few Giraffes walking around the grounds, just wonderful. A nice touch was receiving a nice cool towel and refreshing iced tea as we walked into the lobby, it was a hot day at about 38 degrees.

Our corner room had a screened/closed-in porch area with a lovely view over the lawn to the Zambezi river, upstream from the Victoria Falls. The pool area is gorgeous, something out of the South of France.

The room was a little dated I noticed, however fully functional, good size bathroom as well. I think they might need to look at a soft refurbishment in the near future, especially when guests are paying top dollar to for their stay.

The Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast areas a beautiful and colonial in style, I can see how the prices might be viewed as a little expensive and I should say its a busy place, so try and avoid peak times, you may have to wait if ordering via the menu.

There is what looks like an oversupply of Restaurant Staff, I can’t quite put my finger on the issue; but some times they are kind of falling over each other? (Sadly not a problem we would ever have in Australia with the high cost of wages) Anyway the Lunch buffet is very nice and the lavish dissert bar is amazing, yum (see photo).

Overall I have to give the staff and hotel a10/10 I guess one would really need to spend 3 or 4 days at this hotel to fully appreciate the surrounds, very happy I stayed.

Room Tip: I would try and request a room overlooking the Lawn area down to the River, nice!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Stayed one night only, but it was a wonderful stay in excellent environment with a wonderful view of the mighty Zambezi River a little distance from the Victoria falls. meeting and greeting zebras on the way to and from the rooms. wonderful greenery around.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We’ve just checked out of the Royal. I asked for the GM when I left but he or she could not be found. I wanted to let them know how disappointed we were in our stay. The check-in and check-out staff were dismissive and unfriendly. The concierge would not call about activities that I requested. We then made our own calls and found availability. We’ve been on holiday for almost two weeks and have enjoyed the beds at every hotel except The RL. The food was far inferior to the four other hotels we stayed at during our vacation. The positive experiences we had at The RL was solely because of Henry, our butler. He smiled and was helpful at every opportunity. We appreciated Henry’s general demeanor and his efforts to make the final days of our vacation memorable.

Another issue we had was the location. Not the hotel’s fault but we did not like the constant helicopter and ultra-light buzz over our heads- like we were in an active crime scene.

We did love to see all the animals on the grounds. We wanted to walk the trails and asked for a map. The one provided took us along the fence and didn’t show any of the trails we wanted to go on. They really should come up with a better map for $600/night.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Imran C, General Manager at Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Zambia Hotel by Anantara, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Royal Livingstone Hotel . I am concerned to note that we did not meet your expectations at all and all your efforts to reach me were futile. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We have sent you a separate note so that we can discuss your experience at the Royal Livingstone in detail.

Imran.