“Paradise in the mui ne”

Aroma Beach Resort & Spa, Muine
Ranked #18 of 129 Hotels in Phan Thiet
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel for strong 4,5 and i explain the disadvantages:
1. Gym are good just for running - there are 4 device for that, but all of the devices do not have enough technical support! I by myself repaired 1 part of complex training aparatus, but all of them are creaking constantly. There is no water in the gym - please place at least 5 bottles of clean water or cooler here. "Support" button is usless, i pushed it for a minute. You have camera in the gym, but nobody can explain why light switch is above the wall without any indication.
2. Spa with oil is good, but coffee massage is awkward - my wife after it get ill for 5 days, because masseuse wrap her in coffee after 20 minutes of good massage, and then turned on cooling fan on her and leave the room - 60 minutes of such "massage" were without any massage for very good price. Massage are very expensive - for this money i can go to the mui ne and get 2 hour coffee massage and return on taxi. In the spa menu incorrectly translated "massage of the back" = "массаж спины", and not the "массаж назад".
3. Wi-fi good for first 5 days. After it you always need to change networks. Ask your network afministrator to configure traffic limits correctly.
4. There is no any medical help in the hotel. My wife get acure otit after massage. There is no any posible way to get medical help then you need it, for example at the middle of the night. You should go to the dr.Dong even if you no that this is usual otit. We spent 40$ in clinic - not much , but my wife really lost immunity after such "massage" and we not guilty in that.
5. Repair your furniture and plumber equipment. Plumber equipment need constantly technical support at least in 13 bungalow, clean it from scum. On the beach there are a lot of chaise-longue that are really damaged by rust. One of them get broken just under me. Then I took a look under other chaise-longues and found that they all damaged for 100% by rust.
6. In room there is no any equipment for food like knifes, salt or spoons. In our room we had only equipment for tea. May be You should ask people about that, because on reception they even didn't understand me. I just took the knife in the restaurant.
7. Restaurant are really expensive. We tried to eat in it, but it cost always more than 700kdongs! In mui ne i can eat twice for such price. Drinks cost 3 times larger than anythere. I know that you get money on that, but you can get them constantly if it gonna cost less than that - there are always just 1-3 people in the restaurant in the evening.
You need to make breakfasts more friendly for people with stomach problems or may be add some garnish and steamed vegetables. A lot of tourists have problem with weight and stomach - of course the want to eat such fried and salted food, but it is not healthy.
There is no place to warm up you food.
Fruits are the same every day and there is no any mango. Beverages every day the same too.
8. In the first evening we found cocaroach in our appartment. in the second day we found him dead on the balcony. He lay down for 2 days on the balcony. I'm not scare about them - may be you can improve appartment defence from them.
9. If you want to get bath you need to spend at least 1 hour because of bad water steam. Or may be you want to get money on that?
10. Add some sound in the rooms. There is no any ways to relax in the room. There is no any candles in the room for the esential oil.
11. In the end i wanted to say that hotel is very good in compare, but you can improve it easy. I'm sure that you can. If you wanted to connect I'm still here until 2nd of november :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We stay few hotel at mui ne, compare to lotus village this resort is better with all the service and cleaned.. It suitable for couple, family.. You can relax inside.
* opposite hotel have a family restaurant, it's service and food taste nice and cheap.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This was my first trip to Vietnam (avid Thailand visitor tho). Spend a few days in Ho Chi Mihn, and almost 2 weeks in this hotel. We usually stay in 4 * hotels when we travel in Asia, so I have a large variety of hotels I can compare this one to. First note; traveling and living is a bit more expensive compared to Thailand. I think it's the fact that Thailand has been a tourist attraction for a longer period of time. Also, people didn't speak English too much.

Hotel area and location:

The hotel itself is not so close to the "village" with the shops and restaurants, but we didn't mind. It was a 15 min walk to the start of the strip, or a few euro cab ride. Surely, we didn't have so many options for lunch on those days we stayed at the pool, but there were a few restaurants withing a walking distance. I recommend the one called Manh Thom, close to Phu Hai resort. ( 5-10 min walk, take a left at the resort exit)

I checked the other hotel areas, and by far I found the atmosphere of Aroma to be superior. The buildings are made of natural (or natural looking) materials, so it kinda feels like you are in a forest or a jungle walking there.

The beach is nothing special, I'd say 3/5, But the pool area is so nice that i really didn't swim in the sea (jellyfish-warning anyway) You still have an option have a chair in the sand!

The pool was one of the best I've ever seen. I don't have kids, but the kiddie pool (in conjunction with the main pool) seemed really practical and the kids enjoyed it. A little minus for some of the chairs that were a bit dated and broken, but there were plenty, and easily placed either in the sun or shade. You can also rent the pretty cabanas for a reasonable price (ice-cream and french fries included) I didn't feel the need for those, but many did.

Breakfast and food

The breakfast was also one of the best ever. The fresh watermelon juice(!) and the other juices were really good. Usually they are some cheap, bad juice-type liquids. As usual, eggs were fried on request AND you could ask for special coffees (free of charge).

Like always. it is not cheap to dine in the hotel restaurant. With the tax and service charges added, it's pretty much the same I would pay at home. However, we did eat there a few times. PRO TIP: MUST TRY THE CRISPY NOODLES WITH CHICKEN. Have not seen that dish anywhere before or after. Really good

Rooms and general

At first they took us to a standard room, which was just pretty, clean and nice (all rooms have bathtubs) We had bought a bungalow, so we went back to the reception and they started solving the issue. Due to some mix-up with our reservation we were eventually given a private luxury villa.It was stunning! There were two patios; one facing the pool-area and ocean, and the other one had a private jacuzzi. I doubt we would have had the money to rent that by ourselves, but boy, it was luxurious. Big room with a huge bathroom with a shower, a big tub and a double sink.

The hotel had a gym, which was very small and some of the equipments were broken. Decent air -conditioning tho, and it was free.

Tho the village and area itself weren't that nice (village was infested by russians, and so the locals had turned it into little Russia) the hotel was GREAT! probably won't be going to Vietnam again, but this hotel might change my mind!

Room Tip: Basic rooms are in 2x4 buildings, bungalows are 2x2 and the villas come in pairs. Didn't notice...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenni M
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We traveled to Aroma Beach with the family. Those who stayed in the triple room loved it. The bungalow beds were soft and the rooms had interesting features. If there was a negative, it was in the written advertisements on the outside of the resturant for daily specials. Please caution the stated Happy Hour from 5:30-7:00pm time. We were charged full price for drinks orderd at 5:51pm. At first the waitress said we did not order in time. When we corrected her, she came back and said we had to have ordered at the bar. We informed her that no place states such a policy. The sign clearly states the daily Happy Hour special, but no mention of the location one needs to place the order; we were at the pool when we ordered.
The price is not the argument, but rather the attempt by the resort to scrape a few more dollars off the customer. We are not pleased with this treatment.
Unfortunately, despite the nicety of the resort, the petty things make us feel not welcome.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor K
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We Arrived late due to a flight delay and to be welcomed with a lovely drink and air conditioned room ,
We woke up to a Beautiful Breakfast with views on the beach absolute bliss .
Breakfast you could ask or need anything , from cereals to eggs anyway up to pho and fruit and finishing off with pastries .
We arrived at the hotel with a tummy bug and the restaurant Manager went over and beyond his customer service offering us Congi for breakfast to ease the cramps .
They catered for us Melbournian 's loving out lattes and made them perfect.
Restaurant Manager Tri Pham could not fault the service even sending us ginger tea to our room .
He offered us the dinner for 2 on the beach and said he would go to the fish markets first thing in the morning to get our fish , due to our tummy we stuck to local eats and stayed away from the fish . The resort is great i was upset to leave 3 nights was not enough . I wanted to do cooking lessons but just ran out if time .
I will be back again and also had the opportunity to meet the GM Andrew who was a delight . This hotel is a hidden Gem and highly recommend for service and style loved the beds the shower and the stone bath.

Room Tip: we had ground level , top level would get views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple