All reviews sailing club sapa house sorbet deluxe garden bungalow mui ne weather forecast kite surfing beach front mosquito coils the general manager turn down service outdoor shower the hotel manager special thanks sun loungers tropical garden hour drive
Reviewed 13 March 2012

After 10 days of travelling and living out of suitcases from Hanoi down to Saigon, we were eagerly awaiting our 4 days of relaxation and re-charging of batteries. We had chosen the Mia Resort from reading very positive reviews on Trip Advisor and the hotel's website.
Firstly, the description of the "beautifully manicured gardens" is spot on - "immaculate" is a word that springs to mind. The ambience of the resort is also (mostly) very calming and relaxed. Indeed, this is something that is promoted so it seems odd that within the bar / restaurant adjacent to the swimming pool, you were continuously subjected to sometimes quite loud background music. Now, I fashioned my mis-spent youth on Led Zeppelin, Nazareth, Eric Clapton et al but this just sounded so out of place here, and dare I say obtrusive. One afternoon, whilst trying to relax near the pool, we had to endure nearly 30 minutes of a particularly monotinous thumping rap (I've avoided the temptation of prefixing the letter "C" to that word) record that was reminiscent of a Chinese water torture. Why? What's up with the sound of the ocean and birdsong? I chose this resort for the described peace and tranquility. Yes, we left and went to a walk on the beach. It was all so incessant with the same CD day and night.
We stayed in a Superior Garden View Bungelow. It was simply but adequately furnished, albeit a little small. The website states that "each room features a verandah overlooking the tranquil gardens". Unfortunately, our view from Room 34 comprised the end elevation of the next door bungelow and dense high vegitation immediately in front of our verandah. So, no view of the tranquil gardens at all. We tried to change rooms but to no avail, the resort was full. It was a disappointment.
The food within the hotel's restaurant was good with a balance of European and Asian choices. Opt to sit outside away from the bar if you don't want to hear Stairway to Heaven for the umpteenth time. However, there are numerous other choices of restaurants along the main road to the front of the hotel including Italian and Indian. There are also neighbouring hotels. But, this was as good as any and the easiest (and laziest) option.
The pool attendants were always on hand to help locate a sunbed and I'm pleased to say they were mostly being used instead of reserved for long periods. They also supplied cold wet flannels and fruit at regular intervals - a nice touch.
You will receive 2 small complimentary bottles of water per day, which is inadequate.
Additional water can be bought just two or three doors up on along the road at a fraction of the bar prices. Also, we found the supplied mossie burner to be ineffective so take some extra repellent.
All staff were helpful, particularly at reception when we needed to contact our tour operator.
Finally, be prepared for a 4-5 hour journey if you are travelling from Saigon. However, it is a very interesting journey.
The website says you can enjoy the sounds "of the uninterrupted steady splash of waves" and the "swaying palms that fringe the rising moon surrounded by lush tropical gardens and meandering paths". All true actually, but not from Room 34 and only between CD tracks. That's not what it said on the tin.

Room Tip: Avoid Rooms 34 and 35 unless you like complete seclusion.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Chrisandlynne
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Mia Resort was fantastic. The resort has an awesome holiday vibe. The rooms are great and very bohemian feeling. The pool area was great with excellent service from the staff there. If I could suggest one thing though, it would be to not let people place a towel and a book on the sun beds to claim it and then disappear for hours on end. We saw quite a few tourists do this and there was not enough beds to go around, yet quite a few beds were empty and the people who had claimed them disappeared for hours. We have seen other resorts put a "half hour rule" in place which works. The food from the restaurant was excellent and reasonably good value for resort food. I will definitely be recommending this resort to friends and will definitely stay again on my next trip to Vietnam.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I would suggest requesting a poolside one.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We spent our first night in Mui Ne in a hotel at the northern end of the beach, but moved to Mia Resort because of strong recommendations from friends. Both me and my girlfriend absolutely loved Mia! We spent some nights in a regular room and others in a deluxe room and both were very nice (If I went again I would probably not bother to pay the extra dollars for the deluxe room since the regular room was almost as nice). The atmosphere, the food and the wonderful staff made our stay at Mia Resort one of the highlights of our trip to Vietnam. The resort is more expensive than most hotels around, but if you can afford it it is money well spent!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PitePalt
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Beautiful Bungalows, lovely garden, very nice Restaurant, relaxed and stylish atmosphere, very friendly staff, great breakfast, exklusive cuisine, soft & cosy beach chairs, quiet and clean private beach, nice Pool, very relaxing spa (e.g. Thai or hot Stone Massage) ...
Almost everything is perfect - worth the price.

Beach might be quite windy (but still not too bad for mui ne) and the sea a little rough, Good for Kite Surfers.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Capricaaa
Reviewed 23 February 2012

mia resort one of these places that is very special, my wife and i travelled from saigon by bus around 5 hours when we arrived the staff took our baggage and gave us a cooling drink a nice touch our bungalow in the beautiful gardens was perfect it had everything you need and more. but for me what makes this place special is the staff from nam the poolboy and little lieu the lovely waitress right up to the manager nothing is too much trouble for them and this goes a long way in my book. if you are looking to relax after the madness of saigon look no futher. angus and yvonne.

Room Tip: bungalows are very nice
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple