All reviews wooden bungalows mui ne kite surfing mosquito net a wonderful holiday rooms are small sea view table tennis an extra bed palm trees vietnam trip fresh fruit pho jutta cabin resort hammocks
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Selecting your resort, to a large extent, been determined descriptions and reviews of the two restaurants located on its territory.
We arrived at the resort on March 2nd, 2012 after a week of traveling over Vietnam. After the week of excellent Vietnamese cuisine (which I love and appreciate) my wife and I wanted a good steak prepared from the American, Argentine, Australian or New Zealand beef.
We found that 400 grams (for two) shateaubriand offered by Paradise Beach Club supported with a bottle of red wine is just what we need. Administrator (European women who seems by origin should know what is the tenderloin) took the order. There was a significant exchange of questions, I received confirmation that it is indeed the Australian beef, while the administrator of her question on the degree of preparing the shateaubriand received the answer: medium.
I've already imagined pound piece of the thick tenderloin, juicy and pink inside, melting in the mouth. But ... we got two plates with 4-5 pieces of thin (2-4 mm) slices of meat in each, grilled on both sides - If it indeed was the shateaubriand, it was sliced before the grill! In addition, the meat clearly has been beaten. If it was not the London’s price, I even would have thought it was usual tough Vietnamese beef. But the price was $32 and the tenderloin certainly not deserved abuses through which it passed.
We were hungry and ate it. Sorry...
I was quite surprised by the position of the administrator: when I tried to explain that it is not quite shateaubriand (to be honest it was not shateaubriand an all) she calmly replied that perhaps it was because the chef sees the shateaubriand this way. She also showed no desire to invite the chef to table to explain his vision of the shateaubriand . I can believe that the chef to some extent is an artist but he in no case should spoil the good product (again if the product originally was good – Australian one)!
To say I was disappointed - it does not say anything. I lost my faith in the humanity people and the meaning of life.
The meaning of life gave me back next day started with the quite decent breakfast, while the faith in the humanity restored lunch and after dinner dessert in the evening: I decided not to risk by the restored faith in the humanity and dined at the fair Vietnamese restaurant on the street and came to the restaurant for the dessert only.
I saw that the owner is responsible for some of the comments and I would be appreciated to received an answer to my comment.

I would also like to note the following: perhaps due to frustration at the restaurant, I began to pay attention to the minor flaws that usually do not have attracted the attention of a person happy with the dinner:
1. Air conditioning in our bungalow (#10) was not working. During 5 hours two technicians tried to force him to produce the cold. Finally, they revived it a little and now at night in the bungalow freshly, but during the day, unfortunately, not very.

2. Bungalow is quite dark and you can not read in the bed (9at table as well). Perhaps this is also the philosophy of the owner, but in contrast to the TV policy this is not declared public.
3. WiFi rather irritated by his slowness and frequent stops.
Best regards
European married couple

Room Tip: If you are enjoy reading in bed ... If you do not like to sleep in the hot room and at the same time you do not like it when the cold air from the conditioner is always blowing in your face .... If you need a fast Internet ..... Think about another resort.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yulia L
danvn06, General Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Yulia L,
Thank you for your review. Although I apologize for the miscommunication with our young trainee, Eva and for the ensuing wrong cooking for your meal, I am not sure I appreciate your implying that we cheat our customers on both quantity and quality of the products we serve. Our Chateaubriand is portioned at exactly 400 grams and the beef IS Australian tenderloin.
The air-conditioned of your sea-front bungalow was indeed in need for tune-up and, as you mention it, the problem was solved - within a couple hours.
It is also true that, with the multiplication of travelers' use of laptops, tablets and mobile devices our wireless can be slow at times. It is already planned to make the necessary adjustments in the coming months to address this problem and to offer a faster and more comfortable service in the future.
Wishing your impression of Coco Beach was more positive but thanking you once again nevertheless for taking the time to let us know your feelings, I remain
With best regards. D.A

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have just ended a 7 night stay at Coco Beach after an action packed tour of Vietnam.

The bungalows are lovely. Spacious, spotlessly clean and very well designed. The private verandahs are wonderful. But if you are close to the road you may find it noisy. We asked to move closer to the sea and the hotel managed to do this.

Breakfast was very good every day and we mostly had a snack lunch at the beach bar.

The service was excellent and without exception, every member of staff was friendly, efficient and professional.

Coco Beach is in a good spot but there is noise from the road, and the beach is fairly developed. On a few days it was very windy and on several days the waves were large. On some days the constant sound of jet bikes became a bit annoying and they had no regard for people swimming.

Because of the wind the beach is also a big centre for kite boarding. These are lovely to watch but they do take over the whole front shore which makes swimming a bit dangerous.

There are dozens of restaurants and shops within a short walk, many catering for Russian visitors.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Swankie
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Swankie,
Thank you so much for the very kind review of Coco Beach and the praise on our staff and service they provide. I am also grateful for your kind words about the food we have on offer both for our buffet breakfast and for the regular lunch and evening options. It is true that rooms close to the road can be a little noisy at times, but I do believe the area is still rather quiet, even in High Season - which is when you experienced your stay. The wind attracts quite a lot of kite-surfers between January and March, but those only appear in the afternoon and morning are usually free of them. We have 2 rows of buoys to limit a swimming area in front of our beach and it is mostly safe to swim between them.... also our beach is prohibited for kite-surfer to start or land from and I do believe our beach boys are doing a good job at keeping then at bay... I really hope to ave another opportunity to welcome you to our little corner of paradise at Coco Beach and thanks you warmly again for sharing your experience. Very kind regards. D.A.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

The facilities in the Coco Beach resort are nice. The bungalows are nicely decorated and an authentic feel. A mosquito net is above the bed, and it is not intended as decoration. Using it did ensure that the little buggers did not get me. The rooms do not have TV (who needs that anyways with the usual hotel TV programming), but have wireless internet, which has very decent quality.

The beach is perfect as far as I am concerned.

The beach restaurant (open all day) is nice, and offers food of decent quality. But since the town is about fish and fish restaurants are in abundance, you may want to go somewhere else.

There are two things noteworthy:
* Prices are about 100% above the rate in the other restaurants. For the Europan inspired food that's adequate, because the quality is better here, but for the Vietnamese food I am not so sure.
* More importantly: Service is slow. In hotels all over the world standard operating procedure for staff is to get over to the table fairly quick and ask the "Coffee or Tea" question. Not here! If you wait for that to happen, you will have your breakfast finished before the first coffee arrives (which is cutely delivered one cup at the time...).

There were some young German guy/gals standing around, but I was not clear about their function apart from looking pretty. They did not seem to be too occupied.

Overall the resort is nice. If you can adapt to the slowness of the place, which is not too complex, then you will have a good time there.

Room Tip: Closer to the beach is better. The street is close-by, and Vietnamese drivers just love to honk.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank RoccoSiffredi1968
danvn06, Manager at Coco Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear RoccoSiffredi1968,
Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Coco Beach.
I am aware that we have some staff issues and I am grateful for the gracious tone in which you mention them. Improved training in both skills and efficiency is at the top of our priority list for 2012, as, with the development of the Mui Ne area, it becomes increasingly difficult to find experienced staff. I also agree that our restaurant prices for Vietnamese food are higher than those of local restaurants, but, I believe, rather cheaper than that of other resorts...
I guarantee you that we are in the process of addressing our deficiencies and invite you to measure the improvements in the coming months. Wishing you and your family success, health and prosperity in this new Year of the Dragon, I remain
With best regards.
D.A.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We went there with my fiance in february 2011 and we really really enjoyed it!
The service is impeccable, the rooms ( bungalows) are modern and clean, the food of the 2 restaurants is also really great - we are french (for a week we did not have any meals outside the hotels!).

The staff is helpfull and I was very impressed to see the GM evreywhere and all day !

The beach is nice and clean, the problem would come from the millions of kite surfers !

The garden is beautiful, the swimming pool a little too small!

Highly recommended - good value for money!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elisabeth g
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Hi,

We stayed here from Christmas 2011 for 2 weeks.

The bungalows were slightly more basic than I had imagined. No tv (which is fine once used to it) and no bath (we had baby) so slightly impractical for us.

The great thing is that they log cabins are detached so no neighbours to worry about.

Breakfast was nice, overlooking the sea.
Day time was spent kite surfing (not on Coco beach as not allowed, you had to walk to either side to launch as Coco has put up dangerous beach poles to deter kiters).

People staying at Coco were lovely.

We had a couple of mishaps while staying with food poisoning on 2 occasions, hearing about a baby getting bitten head to toe by bed flees and witnessing security taking a kite board and then charging the owner for it's release..... bit cheeky!

Owners were friendly and New Year was great fun. They went to a real effort.

Met some great people and would go back if they were staying but probably wouldnt otherwise until a few things were addressed.

Final point, compared to the other resort we stayed. The staff at Coco were not as good. They were in some cases slightly petulant. Left a slightly sour taste.

Almost great.

Room Tip: Persist in getting beach front!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family